One liner update [16.08]

official
update

Eve Family!

:confetti_ball::tada::tanabata_tree::boom::dizzy::gift_heart::confetti_ball::tada::tanabata_tree::boom::dizzy::gift_heart::confetti_ball::tada::tanabata_tree::boom::dizzy::gift_heart::confetti_ball::tada::tanabata_tree::boom::dizzy::gift_heart::confetti_ball::tada::tanabata_tree::boom::dizzy::gift_heart::confetti_ball::tada::tanabata_tree::boom::dizzy::gift_heart::confetti_ball::tada::tanabata_tree::boom::dizzy::gift_heart::confetti_ball::tada::tanabata_tree::boom::dizzy::gift_heart::confetti_ball::tada::tanabata_tree::boom::dizzy::gift_heart::confetti_ball::tada::tanabata_tree::boom::dizzy::gift_heart::confetti_ball::tada::tanabata_tree::boom::dizzy::gift_heart::confetti_ball::tada::tanabata_tree::boom::dizzy::gift_heart::confetti_ball::tada::tanabata_tree::boom::dizzy::gift_heart::confetti_ball::tada::tanabata_tree::boom::dizzy::gift_heart::confetti_ball::tada::tanabata_tree::boom::dizzy::gift_heart::confetti_ball::tada::tanabata_tree::boom::dizzy::gift_heart::confetti_ball::tada::tanabata_tree::boom::dizzy::gift_heart::confetti_ball::tada::tanabata_tree::boom::dizzy::gift_heart::confetti_ball::tada::tanabata_tree::boom::dizzy::gift_heart:

I have an update for you! :smiley:

A really good one!

Sharp screens have arrived back from our touch panel maker early today!

• It’s fully compatible with our device
  • Our touch panel maker confirmed that new sharp screen is 100% compatible with our touch panel. They told us it has the metal mesh grid a bit more visible with bright color in the background than previous screen due to better color performance and sub pixel structure. Our @myien did not even notice it, but it’s a curious bit of info for the techies here.
  • It looks amazing
  • Power consumption is reduced notably in double digit %!

We have just sent the purchase order to Sharp for 3000 screens to be delivered ASAP. We will let you know the timeline as soon as we receive from it.

We will write a more detailed update once we get to know shipping timelines.
For now just enjoy looking at the pictures of this beautiful screen! (It’s looking gorgeous in real life! Better than SP5 screen!

(Previous screen on the left and new Sharp screen on the right. It’s a bit hard to tell from the picture but better color performance is substantially better visible in real life!)

Thank you guys for all of the support! We are closest then ever to shipping! We can’t wait to get Vs to your hands. You are getting best device out there!

Tiny liner update [11.08]
One liner update [01.09]
Community Digest 05.09

Thank you @Konstantinos !!!

Ahah this title Konsta !!

Amazing news and thank you for your work everyday

Thanks for the update, great news indeed!

What about testing for the screen yellowing problems?

Fantastico! Thanks Konsta!

No Yellowing problems! It is a top notch quality display. The only downside is its price :smiley: But it’s definitely worth it!

That is Eve’s own QC which they will perform when they receive the 3000 screens from Sharp, though Sharp is a big and respected player so I doubt they will have any yellowing problems :sunglasses:

Sounds great! What about the colorspace coverage, contrast and max brightness data?

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally exiting news! Cannot wait to go to China to push the massive production! V is coming!

Yay !!! :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Great news at last!

Did the ordering system or people you were dealing with @Sharp tell you how long before they respond to the order with a shipping estimates/timeline for screens? Should be fairly quick, for a huge manufacturer like Sharp 3k screens should be something they have in stock even.

Awesome news! Last time a possibility was mentioned that shipping could hopefully be expedited by ensuring the delivery of the first 600 screens instead of waiting for the whole batch of 3000 screens. Is that going to be the case here? Fingers crossed! Are the housings currently undergoing changes already in the meantime? Thanks for the hard work @Konstantinos and @Team!

I think we don’t have a timeline to share yet, but my personal gut feeling is saying ~3 weeks - based on the fact that Sharp still has to ship it and it has to go through some levels.
But please take it with a pinch of salt as it’s just some gut feeling I have and no official info :slight_smile:

@jayqqq - as far as I recall when I talked with @Konstantinos last time about this he mentioned we were going for an agreement that Sharp will send us the 3k in smaller batches β€˜when they’ve got it’ so we should have the first 600 sooner - but I don’t know the purchase order @Konstantinos sent over to them - so can you please clarify, Mr. Super-Orange? :smiley:

Typical values are below:
sRGB coverage: 100%
Contract: 1:1500
Max brightness: 400 nt
@Konstantinos correct me if above data is wrong

Great news!

It’s not easy to tell properly from the photos, but the old screens seems to have a slight yellow bias / yellowed tint to it. Both look very good none the less but I prefer the Sharp(er) screen’s seemingly more neutral tone. :cowboy_hat_face:

**must…resist…the puns!!

Little question @Team, is the three-week waiting period still relevant or, 'cause of the previous sceen supplier (for stay polite) and the delay it cause, is it possible to reduce the time between the two batch ?

All those gifs just made my phone reboot :rofl:

Last time you shared with us the CAD PDF from Ur manufacturer. It stated the possibility of interference. Is the technical issue solved??