One liner update [01.09]

official
update

Hi community!

This one is super short but very informative!

We finally have the delivery timeline from Sharp for screens.

Screens will be shipped by the end of September. It can take 2, 3 or 4 weeks they will confirm the more detailed schedule in around a week! The best case is that they will ship screens in 2 weeks from now the worst case is that they will be shipped by the end of September!

We will let you know once the exact shipping timeline is known!

Fingers crossed guys! We are super close to shipping.

P.S. Meanwhile we have identified the SSD source. We found Smasung SM961 1TB drives. We are now testing them with V and if all works we will be able to offer the upgrade to m3, i5 and i7 buyers. SSDs from this source take around 2 weeks to get so they will not impact the schedule!

Community Digest 05.09
Tiny Liner Mini Update [14.09]
One Liner Update 18.11 [Historical Moment Edition]
SSD Sales Have Ended! Thank you for participating!

Awesome, thanks for the update!

How many screens are we talking? Enough for partial batch, one full, or Hyper+Early birds?

Holly! Great update! 太好了!

Great news! So I can hope to get my V sometime November now.

While glad to hear an update, I guess even in the best case shipping of the final V to Hyper Early Backers will happen in October…kinda disappointed to hear that. Fingers crossed that it really won’t take 4 weeks :frowning:

Thanks for the update! Disappointing to hear it’ll take that long for the screens to ship, but nice work on the 1TB SSDs.

Thanks for the update. Really looking forward to getting my V as an Early Bird backer, so glad to hear we’re not running into new problem areas again!

Yeahhh update :smile:

While waiting for the screen are you doing the production/assembly of the keyboard ?

Shipping in 2017 may still be possible :crossed_fingers:

Are the shells adoptions finished?:eyes:

Yeah, that sounds awesome.

@Team
Regarding 1TB SSD: I would be especially interested in battery runtime comparison with 512 MB Intel 600p. Can you do a PCMark battery comparison test with the SAME prototype, each time with one of the SSDs, so that other factors can be excluded?

Great…and ugh! Ok, very excited, but man do I want to get my hands on this - this bumping back a couple weeks at a time is killing me! I know I know, it is what it is. Just want the “is” to be part of this sentence --> “My new eve IS in my hands NOW!!” haha :slight_smile:

I’m sure this is redundant to say, but thorough testing on 1tb drive would be great. I def want to upgrade to this.

great, hope to see a delivery timeline in next update!

@Konstantinos
Is there anything missing for producing the Vs? Have the housings been changed already?

What’s the worst case?
If you get delivery at the very end of September, do you know how long it will take from that to shipping the finished Vs out to us?

My delivery expectation since screen switch has always been Christmas.

If screens will be delivered by September-end then they would be received by Eve in the second week of October. Hyper early birds would be shipped by October end and early birds by November end.

With all my respect, I start to believe that the V is loosing his advantage vs the competition. Ex Acer switch 7 is looking really good and others compagny are updaring their product.

In December, would the V still be the best product on maeket? I don’t believe so.

Am I wrong?

Don’t know about best product on the market, but it would be the best for the price.

Although holiday season tends to offer many great deals but these would be on previous generation products.

Just read the Acer Swift 7 review, blown away…

The Acer Switch 7 Black Edition will be available in December, with prices starting at $1,699 (around £1,300, AU$2,130).

Possibly the most exiting device in Acer’s new lineup is the Switch 7 Black Edition, which is the world’s first fanless 2-in-1 notebook with a discrete graphics chip.

The Nvidia GeForce MX150 GPU should allow the Acer Switch 7 Black Edition to handle graphically-intensive tasks such as photo and video editing – and even the odd game – with ease.

With a large 13.5-inch IPS display and a 2256 x 1504 resolution, we’re looking forward to seeing what kind of image quality this device is capable of providing. It also comes with a stylus powered by Wacom EMR technology that features 4096 levels of pressure sensitivity, plus Windows Hello support for biometric security.

An under-glass fingerprint sensor will let you turn on and log into the Acer Switch 7 Black Edition with a single touch.

Acer’s Dual LiquidLoop fanless cooling technology promises to keep the Switch 7 Black Edition’s components chilled while also maintaining its slim and light design – with a weight of just 1.15kg (2.5 pounds).

@Konstantinos Are the screens being shipped as they are ready (i.e. so hyper early birds can get their deliveries quickly) or do we have to wait for the whole 3000 to be delivered in one batch?