NVMe m2 form temperature

I wanted to have your input on something.

I’ve checked my differents NVMe m2 setup and in general they are at 62 degrees doing nothing.

Looking at the puget system video on YouTube, the 960 pro which I use most of the time, reach 115 degrees really fast.

Does some of you know when the throttle kicks in ?
And also which temp can those things endure ?
Of course we are not supposed to save important data on it. But I was wondering how often I need to schedule a vm backup from my differents servers because of this temp “not-really-or-big-issue” issue

Are you asking about the Samsung 960 m.2 nvme ssd? If yours is reaching 120°C, call up Samsung and get it replaced - I’ve literally only seen something like that happen once and it melted a pc case.

I know Samsungs ssd warranties are ridiculously long - I have the same one but the oem model so I dont get pushed driver updates but I have a 10 year warranty lol.

120?
And so there is no throttle on this thing or what ? Because the puget system video is clearly showing 115 without any throttle…
gosh now I’m panicking. Most of the places where the m2 slot is is under the first graphic card slot.
So for any installation or file transfer or heavy duty task I should watch temp then …

And yes it s the m2.nvme form

wait, is your ssd hitting 115 or is that the components around it that’s hitting 115?

I did not yet test them on heavy duty tasks for temps. I was talking about puget system’s video but I’ve mistaken between models. I’ve not read well at the time the title of the video. So I’m reassured

i have that the same model - SM951, and honestly i can’t say for certain that it never hit that high a temperature, because i never checked.

i guess it was just a small piece of hardware and between the 970 and the quad core cpu i had at the time, i really didn’t notice it at all. But that thing is SWIFT i tells ya.

anyway for what its worth, i had to get it replaced on warranty in the first year and its been fine ever since - 5 years on i think? give or take.