Based on the previous discussions:
We have put up a basic structure of our community driven customer service!
Thanks you for your amazing suggestions. As always they made implementation work much easier.
As discussed previously main we would like to try out having customer support handled in community so that Eve team and community members could help V users together.
In the previous thread we were able to outline key challenges of community driven support.
Structure we have put up in place addresses those challenges.
##Goal of this thread is:
- For you to get an understanding of structure we’ve put up.
- Try this structure out and let us know what you think
- We continue improving existing structure or scrap it and think again
- Making sure that when customer base grows users don’t spam main forum section and create duplicate threads.
- making sure that support tickets are not part of the core community and don’t ruin current vibe. Making sure that having all customers in community would not lead to trolls and compromised voting results for future products.
- making sure we don’t end up as OnePlus community full of trolls and angry customers
- Having the information factual, correct, accurate and up-to-date as well as having clear distinction in answers between Eve team and normal members.
After consulting folks at Discourse (our forum provider) we feel there is a great solution!
###1. Custom user groups
User groups are a very flexible building block in community structure. Groups can be used to:
- Allow users in the group See/ Post/ Reply in a certain category
- Grant users special title, post color, flair, and other visual differentiators
- User groups can be tagged as a whole like @Team (everyone in our team will see such message)
How can users join certain group?
- Users can be assigned to a group by Moderators and Admins
- If the group is closed other group members could invite/approve non-group users to join the group
To put it in a nutshell user groups provide us with possibility to differentiate and manage rights&permissions of:
- Eve Team members
- People interested in crowd development and users who made this community possible
- Normal users who join community to ask some product related question or for help
###So we have now created the following groups:
Eve Qualified Doctors
*Group names are just to get a general idea we will come up with better ones together
What each group actually means
###1. Normal User
Normal users are people who join community either because they are interested in community development and tech or for after sales support reasons. Normal users in this case pose the biggest risk to community culture and our great vibe. Also it is very likely that amount of normal users will explode after we start sales again and send Vs to press.
Normal users will be able to:
- View any community thread or discussion
- Post in support category only (more on support category below)
- Post in dedicated community subcategory in which they would tell why they would want to join creators group and participate in product development
- Be promoted by @Team and Creators to Creators group
So basically community will become invite only. It will be an open knowledge base to everyone on the Internet but in order to participate in any other discussion than support you would have to be approved by Creators or Eve Team.
Creators are heart and soul of the community. These people made Eve and what it is today. Some of you guys joined earlier when we were just starting out some of you later during the Indiegogo. Without you we would simply not exist. Your passion for tech helped us make V and I am sure many more products and other cool stuff to come.
Creators group will be able to:
- Create / Reply /View all of the threads regarding product development, community, etc.
- Use community fully
- Have special badge or other way to differentiate from others.
- Invite new users who show potential to join the group (group will be closed and it will be possible to join only by Invite or by letting @Team assign you there.)
What users will be transferred to creators group?
We think it would be fair to transfer all of the existing users to the group as you all guys joined super early! As after we open up sales again and send out press review units our user base could easily explode. Other option is to come up with certain cutoff point like activity in the community.
So here goes the first poll:
Should all existing members join creators group?
- Yes, I think it’s fair!
- All except the ones with zero activity
- I think we need a harder to pass selection criteria like at least 30 likes received, etc
- Other (please propose below below)
That’s quite easy Basically it’s all of our team members and we will have all kinds of rights! Like for instance adding laser cats to Creators profile
###4. Eve Certified Doctors
I know the name is weird. We will make it sound better. Feel free to come up with suggestions
Eve certified doctors are few members selected from Creators group that can provide official answers to Normal users who post in Support category. Eve Certified Doctors would have special post color or mark so that it would be easy to distinguish them from others.
By implementing suggested user groups we will be able to preserve community from becoming full of haters, trolls and other nasty stuff even if we have 1 billion users
As only people who are actually good fit for our community would be able to join it in full.
As mentioned before our community would still be open for everyone to view and join. But newly joined members would be able to post in Support category and in a special subcategory providing a chance to give your reasons why Creators should let you join the tribe!
Products and all the cool stuff will be done by Team and Creators!
We have now added 400 most active members to creators category and you can see it from laser cat next to their profile pic Don’t worry if you are not in creators yet we will be adding more people after we are done with testing here.
What do think of proposed structure?
- I like it!
- Step in the right direction but needs actual testing
- Step in the wrong direction
- Hate it!
###Now about support category!
I know this post is super long so thanks for reading! I have mentioned several times support category in this thread.
Based on your suggestions it is:
- A category for people to post questions (quite obviously )
- Will not be featured under latest so you will not see support questions on the front page
- Does not allow users to post in Support category itself. Users have to choose subcategory. To see support category choose category view or follow this link #help (Pictures will be changed )
Phew… That’s it for now!
- Have a look at everything created so far.
- Let us know what you think regarding questions asked in this post
- After we have some feedback and are able to agree on fundamental community structure we will move onto FAQ and other finer details.
BASED ON DISCUSSION THINGS TO CONSIDER :