Finally received my Spectrum 4K today, and I’m having a lot of issues getting it to work with my Mac Pro desktop running an AMD Radeon RX 580 (8 GB) on Mac OS Monterey 12.0.1. The monitor itself works fine when connected to an Xbox via HDMI or a Windows PC via DisplayPort, so it doesn’t seem like a hardware issue.
This appears to be an issue with Mac OS Monterey. See update below.
I previously had three Dell 4K monitors running from the Mac Pro without issue using DisplayPort to MiniDisplayPort cables. I’m replacing one of the Dell monitors with the Eve Spectrum. Since my Windows PC is using the DisplayPort, that leaves me with the two HDMI ports or the USB-C port. None of them will generate a signal from my Mac Pro.
I have tried:
• Multiple HDMI cables. I even went out and bought two different 8K HDMI cables (from two different manufacturers). Strangely, the Displays System Preference DOES show the Spectrum plugged in—it shows up in Displays as an Extended Display that I can rearrange or change the settings to—but there is no picture on the monitor itself (I get the “No Signal” message).
• Tried the USB-C port. Used a video-capable USB-C cable from the top of the Mac Pro (bypassing the Radeon card) to (both) USB-C ports on the Spectrum (I know the USB-C port on the bottom of the monitor is the one for video), but I tried both just to make sure.
• Tried restarting both the Mac and the monitor multiple times.
• Tried changing the resolution and refresh rate in Mac Display properties multiple times.
• Tried turning off HDR in Mac Display properties for the Spectrum.
• Updated the Spectrum firmware from 102 to 104.
• Tried both manually selecting HDMI inputs using the joystick and using Auto Select.
• Tried both HDMI ports on the Spectrum.
• Tried changing HDMI mode (on both ports) to “Compatibility” mode instead of HDMI 2.1.
Nothing is working. Anything else I can try?