New years update

Sadly, app compatibility is not there yet. 32bit x86 apps run in emulation mode, and x64 apps like. Adobe Creative Suite, and other photo/media apps can’t run at all. Perhaps in 1-2 years it /might/ change. I have the Surface Pro X and am quite bummed about not being able to run some of my apps :frowning:

2 Likes

It’s impossible to have an AMD processor and a eGPU support, because it uses Thunderbolt 3 technology that belongs to Intel.

1 Like

Good point, I forgot about that. :sweat_smile:

eGPU would be nice but it’s ok without it. I’d rather take the new AMD CPUs and their mobile gpu is probably good enough for my use case of photo editting on the go.

In the past that was the case, but it seems like that could go away in the future, see below article. I don’t own this motherboard, ended up buying the model below this one due to pricing, so don’t have personal experience with it, but it gives food for thought.

1 Like

I know that there are PC motherboards with AMD chips and TB3, but I haven’t seen any mobile ones yet.

I just finally got an Eve V now that it’s marked down, so we’ll see. The Acer Switch 7 Black Edition has better performance, so I got one, but had bad luck after a few weeks with it: the battery ran down one day, and after charging it back up, it wouldn’t power on. Had to send it to the US for repair, at my expense; and they refuse to send it back to me in Norway, so I’m going to be waiting for a while until I can go visit my mom’s place and pick it up, hopefully some time this year.

I am interested in developing a replacement keyboard for both the Acer and the Eve V. A proper mechanical one. Are pinout and protocol details available? Is it just USB? I want the pinout to be openly specified, and I want it to be kept the same on the next model, as long as there’s no good reason to change it.

Of course as others are requesting, a better stylus and a place to store it are important. I think for the UIs of the future, stylus tilt sensing is important, too. See https://www.inkandswitch.com/muse-studio-for-ideas.html

It should support Linux. (It already does, right? you guys just don’t like to test it, or admit to it, for fear of having support requests about it, right?) One of my goals in life is to create a better user experience on this kind of device, with Linux and Qt.

1 Like

Keep me informed please about a Eve replacement keyboard.
Their are users experiencing pin problems though.

Would love to see the V2 incorporate Windows hello face unlock as well. Just a bit more convenient than having to reach to the screen to unlock every time