New cables for Eve V

Hello mates! I have a new desktop configuration and right now I need usb-c thunderbolt cable with 90 degree adapter. I saw Baseus magnetic adapter but I believe that there is no TB support on this. Does the new cable has to have TB support? Not only devices, usb slots but also cable? If yes my needs are:

• 90 degree usb cable male-male or male-female with EXTERNAL MONITOR support
  • small “head” of this cable/adapter, I don’t want to have a bigger adapter that OEM V cable :slight_smile:
  • only black :slight_smile:

Please advice me some solutions :smiley: thank you

If you are looking to use any kind of Thunderbolt functionality, the cable should be rated for that. If you just want to connect for a USB signal, then the cable does not need to support TB3.

You may need to keep in mind the maximum power the cable can carry safely if you intend to charge devices through it. This will generally be noted somewhere in the cable’s specifications.

1 Like

Thank you for you reply. This cable will be pluged in into this:

so I can have both external monitor on hdmi and power on V. That is why I need TB.

Actually, nothing about that device is Thunderbolt 3, so a normal USB-C cable should suffice…

I believed that I need TB when I want to use USB-C as a monitor-out (with help from this Targus Device) and to power on my V on one cable with monitor-out. This is not true?

Its specifications state that it supports 4K over HDMI via Alt Mode.

So even though Thunderbolt 3 is a USB-C alternate mode itself, it is not a requirement for a 4K HDMI signal since HDMI has its own alt mode.

1 Like

so why when I plug in this Targus cable to upper usb-c on V (that without TB) I have no monitor-out? (and it is buzzing as hell! But you know… no support on V :wink: )

The upper USB-C port of the V does not support HDMI Alternative Mode either :slight_smile:

top port: USB3.1 Gen 1, USB-PD
bottom port: USB3.1 Gen 2, USB-PD, Thunderbolt 3, DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 1.4b

I’m very much lobbying for all of our future products to avoid having similar-looking ports with different capabilities, and if it can’t be helped, to at least have them marked clearly…

3 Likes

Ok thank you for your patience! So thin baseus magnetic 90d adapter should handle my situation with power support and hdmi-out?

It’s a sexy-looking cable (I especially like that it’s “No rusty and corrosion-resistant”!), and it does support up to 86W charging so power won’t be an issue. But they only ever call it a ‘charging cable’ and never mention any data. And the magnetic connector only has 5 pins – USB-C has 24.

I haven’t tested it, obviously, but going by what I could find in a quick internet search, I’m afraid this cable might do the job of connecting your V to a charger but won’t be much good connecting the V to anything else…

2 Likes

sooooo this one is for me?

This looks very promising!

I’m alarmed by one of their ‘warm tips’ though:

1. Not perfectly compatible with MacBook Pro 2018 as we found the depth of Type C ports on MBP 2018 is not as deep as previous models, so it can’t be plugged all the way into the USB C ports, which will cause a poor connection. Buy with caution if you buy for a 2018 MBP!

Seems their port is just long enough to fit, and I don’t know how nicely this will play with the V’s slanted edge…

1 Like

there is no warranty for my V so I will use glue to make it works :slight_smile: I’ll give it a try and let you know!