New and updated guidelines

community
announcement
policy
official

Over the past weeks I have been working on something that should have been done quite some time ago: Updating the guidelines.
Don’t get me wrong, the default Discourse guidelines are really good, but we wanted something that was tailor made for this community. The netiquette topic by @SyrtakiVampir gave us a lot of good points that weren’t properly emphasised in the old guidelines, so I want to thank him and everyone who posted in it.

So now there is only one thing for you to do. Reading:

#Guidelines

You may think that you don’t need to, because you already read the old ones. Or perhaps because you feel that you’ve been here for so long without reading them, so it shouldn’t be a problem.

That may be so. But we wouldn’t just change some wording and call it an update. There is information in the new guidelines that wasn’t there before. Some of it has to do with how we would prefer things work around here. Some of it has to do with stuff you may not even realise you should think about. Some of it has to do with… rafo (read and find out).

So please read them.

Community Digest 18.06

I’ve shoehorned your post into yesterday’s Community Digest just to get some extra eyes on it.

Just read the new guidelines. I agree with all of it. Nice one!

Then you get to play in our sandbox :wink:

Very well written. And very reasonable as well. Good work!