Miracast crashing Roku!

HI! I just received my V and I’m quite pleased. However, I am experiencing an issue with Miracast I’d like to bring to your attention and hope to resolve quickly…

Every time I attempt to connect to my Roku3 to project my display, it connects, performs some exchange getting about 1/4 of the way through, then crashes the Roku (reboots), my V is kicked out of the “Settings > Display” window and returns to the desktop. 100% consistent and reproducible.

The strange thing is that my Surface RT still connects and projects to the same Roku flawlessly!

V is 100% patched. Checked for updates to the V’s Roku driver through device manager. “Windows has determined that the best driver for this device is already installed. There may be better drivers on windows Update or the device manufacturer’s website. Miracast display port driver V3.”. I found no updates available via windows update, and nothing on the Roku site.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you might have on the matter.

Cheers & beers!

Hello, how do you even make Miracast work on Win10 Pro? Windows kept telling me my V and my old SP3 do not support Miracast when I tried to connect them to a TV via MS Wireless Display Adaptor!
Some users say it is Win10 updates that broke Miracast. Some users say it happens to domain computers. Any one has any suggestion or work around to project wirelessly to a TV?

Problem solved! Although I can cast from my Surface to my Roku3 perfectly, the Roku crashes when I cast from my V. Wanted to get to the bottom of this, so I bought a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter from Amazon… $39.95 USD. Flawless. Highly recommend. Link: http://a.co/fGFcYkQ

You got a good one (version 2). For others - be careful and do not buy old version (version 1) - it is slower and have some compatibility issues with some TVs.