Micro SD with 400GB - will it work in V?

Hi, will the new Sandisc cards with 400GB work in the V?
Thanks.
F.

It should, I think the V supports up to 2TB for MicroSD.

It should read and write any cards that adhere to the SD, SDHC or SDXC standards. So if some company brings a 4TB card to market next week and it adheres to the SDXC standard without any silly proprietary tricks, then that should work as well.

I was wondering the same thing! Also, where did Eve get the 2TB number from? (Since none are in production). Is it the general standard?

I hope you’re not quoting me here, I could have easily misremembered that number.

If anything, a maximum value would come from whoever made the card reader, not Eve.

Yes, it is the microSDXC standard. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#SDXC.

The Secure Digital eXtended Capacity (SDXC) format, announced in January 2009 and defined in version 3.01 of the SD specification, supports cards up to 2 TB (2048 GB)

It also uses exFAT filesystem, Microsoft’s proprietary, which I think is not really the best idea to use proprietary filesystem for such a universal standard

ExFAT is fairly universal though, and much better than FAT32. MacOS, Linux, Android, and Windows all support exFAT natively. Sure, it would be better if it was open source, but this still works well enough for most people. Besides, can’t you just reformat if you wanted to?

Yep can support up to 2 TB but so far no one is able to fit that much on to the card yet. By the time that they do we may be on a new standard