[merged topic] Battery bank compatibility with the V

merged

Thank you very much!

To be more confusing - new QC4 will be compatible with USB PD.

This is because their focus is on the Google Pixel phone and not laptops or tablets.

They test devices that they have themselve or that people ‘donate’ to them since they do it really in their spare time and are not paid for that.

The situation for laptops and tablets with USB C connector is not better though.

Shouldn’t that be less confusing :yum: ?

Just buy QC4 stuff and we’re all be good :kissing:

though we end up paying for stuff we do really need/use/fully utilize

Yes and no. More confusing it will be because of possibility of people using older QC devices thinking it is OK to do it.

and because of devices labeled compliant with a standard that really aren’t plus the selection of cables that all look the same and fit to plug in but have a big impact that the devices connected actually do.

That is the case for USB Power Deliver and Qualcomm Quick Charge 2,3 and 4 all the same.

I don’t think that’s true.
I already searched for this specification but all I found lead more to that it’s also possible with USB-A/B.

I’m new to the community. Looking forward to the opening of the web store, as I became aware of this hopefully wonderful device a bit too late! :smiley:

I have a RAV Power usb-c power bank and wondered if this will be able to charge the Eve V? Thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face:

https://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-Portable-Charger-Qualcomm-20100mAh/dp/B019IFIJW8

Yes, it will charge the V. I’m not sure of its output but it may not be able to charge your V during intensive tasks, only make it discharge slower. But if the V is turned off it will definitely charge it.
So while this will work, an optimal choice would be a power bank that supports USB power delivery. This will allow for quick charging. I don’t deem it that important but thought I’d inform you.

While the power bank linked may charge the V, keep in mind that:

But so as long as you don’t use the QC charging port, it should work, at least according to what I could tell from the link. (This is not an official sanction of the device. Use non-USB PD chargers at own risk)

Last days I’ve found Xiaomi powerbank with support for USB PD 2.0 with 40W output which should be compatible with Eve V. When I’ll get my V, Ill also buy this powerbank and test it.

Do you have a certificate on that ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There’s the Razer Power Bank https://www.razerzone.com/gb-en/gaming-accessories/razer-power-bank, though a bit too costly. The specs are quite nice though but no USB PD, only quickcharge

12,800mAh
USB Type-C | 5V 3A / 9V 3A / 12V 3A / 15V 3A / 20V 2.25A
USB Type-A | 5V 2A / 9V 2A / 12V 1.5A

10.11 Update and Warning: SPOILERS COMING SOON!

Those specs are USB-C PD. A clipping from the wiki page on USB

Ah yes you’re right. Price of it though is kinda crazy $149.99 / €169.99 / £144.99

I’m not gonna disagree with you there :smiley:

Looks like another good option https://uk.cygnett.com/collections/power-banks/products/20-000mah-usb-c-power-bank-in-black

10.11 Update and Warning: SPOILERS COMING SOON!

this (the xiaomi one) still seems to me one of the best options

Twice the price of the Xiaomi… Worth it?

Actually, no. It’s QC3.0, which is not USB-PD compatible. QC4.0 is supposed to have full USB-PD compatibility, but QC3.0 won’t fast-charge anything that expects USB-PD but doesn’t talk QC. The difference isn’t in the voltages/currents as much as it is in how they negotiate different voltages/currents.

So basically, QC3.0 can supply voltages that USB-PD would consider acceptable, but they don’t know how to negotiate that those voltages would be acceptable.

EDIT: To be specific by what I mean by compatibility, a QC3.0 charger/power bank will charge something that is USB-PD, but only at standard USB voltage/current levels, so no quick charging.