Macbook to Spectrum (Screen Share?)

I am having a hard time connecting my macbook to my spectrum and am wondering how to use the spectrum as a “second screen” for my macbook. Hopefully this is explained well enough, I am new to the monitor arena, as this is my first monitor ever. Please let me know anyway you all can, to help.

1 Like

Which model of MacBook? And which cable are you using?

1 Like

This years model(Macbook Pro 2021), USB-C to USB-C.

I know this sound pretty annoying but:
Did you read the manual and used the right USB port?
Also the MPB with m1 only support 1 external monitor, but I think you mean MBP Screen + Spectrum

1 Like

We’re glad to hear that you choose Spectrum as your first monitor! The following steps can help you obtain an image via Type-C from your MacBook Pro:

1. Make sure your Type-C cable is a video cable. For example, one such cable can be the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) cable. Please note that the Type-C cable that comes in the box of your MacBook Pro does not support video.
  2. Connect your Spectrum via the bottom Type-C port.
  3. The input source needs to be set to either ‘Select automatically (the default)’ or ‘USB Type-C’ in the OSD.

(By the way, at the time of writing, the latest M1 MacBook Pro (13") appears to be released in late 2020, as opposed to 2021.)

1 Like

Thank you for the response. I bought the new Macbook Pro with HDMI port so I am using HMDI to HDMI now. Works like a charm!

1 Like

Which refresh rate are you getting @AutonomousPsych ?

Only 60 Hz at 2160 though. @matthew-levan