Long awaited Muse update!

Hi i think the concept is great as long as we have the right to pull out should the limitations of building on an existing design prove too great such that we wont deliver the muse concept adequately.

Can this be confirmed (sorry if I missed it!)

4 Likes

It could be a good idea but I still vote no. The problem is that I haven’t heard of these headphones before. I’m a fairly big audiofile with headphones from both audeze, Sony, beats, jaybird, and Bose. If you are looking for a “flagship killer” I think the best way to do it is to make them from scratch and polish it yourself. Not to mention I think the design of the flow 2 is not very good. I could be wrong though. Maybe these headphones sound pretty good. Even then the design is still garbage.

2 Likes

I’m torn on the idea but partly because I had seen previous updates on Muse and thought building from scratch was going well. I’d like to see both takes but that would obviously be somewhat of a waste of time and from the voting it appears going with the mechanics of the Cleer 2’s is what’s preferred. I just hope development of these headphones isn’t delayed that much! I’m dying to see the final result in my hands, but it probably looks like it could be a project extended for 2020.

1 Like

How will you go about deciding product testers? I would be very interested in testing them out. I have a lot of experience with various headphones and currently own the WH1000XM3 so I would definitely be interested in testing the noise cancellation.

2 Likes

Could you elaborate on why you say the design is garbage? At at glance it looks good to me but I’m not an over-ear guy so I’m curious about your experience on the matter.

1 Like

For the V they made a poll for people to inform eve about the specifics why they want to test the product and then they try to find a group of testers that’s as broad as possible.
For the Muse eve will probably try to get a group together ranging from Spotify-streaming commuters (without any connotation) to professional audio-engineers.

4 Likes

This sounds like an interesting way to go forward - and it has the advantage of reducing the risk for both Eve (who has less chance of things exploding in cost / support afterwards) and the customer (already existing tooling = less costs & already known points of failure that can be improved upon).

Interested to hear the feedback you get from Prototype testers! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

The alternative blueprint is a fantastic choice. The headphones are made with suitable material and offer a good option for specs. The alternate design would be intuitive and superb in terms of audio quality (which I am most concerned about as a self-proclaimed sound aficionado) to most headphones currently on the market. I have mixed feelings about Bluetooth due to my experience. However, I have heard the exploits of Qualcomm and the Bluetooth experience they present. Thank you for the effort and time that your team has put into these products.

Edit: Upon looking at the specs once more, I would like to inquire about the mic that will be used. I would appreciate having a decent quality microphone. I understand the project leans more toward having a design that provides a high quality audio output but I would appreciate if the audio input was not overlooked.

1 Like

I believe that the headphones will offer wireless (bt 5.0) and a detachable 3.5 jack.

2 Likes

Yes, I re-read the specs and noticed the audio jack listed. Thank you for helping to correct what I missed.

This seems like a great idea. One question though: is the driver size fixed if we go this route?

1 Like

I dont like that design pretty much and it would need a lot of work.
Convince me otherwise, but I would prefer a whole new design.

2 Likes

I think using them as a base is a good idea, however some things (many) will need to change, starting with design.
If Muse in the end is based on this headphones it has to have enough changes for it not to be a cheaper or better version of another headphones, which would lose some potential costumers.

2 Likes

I like this idea. What improvements are able to be made on this model? From the review another user posted, the cons of the Cleer II are comfort, controls, and voice call quality. Would Eve be able to run the intended changes by us and show how the changes improve the product?

Furthermore, the design could use some refinement. That reflective dial looking element seems gaudy in my opinion. The sharper lines on that could pull the hair of some people. The design also makes me wonder of wind interference. The way wind flows around the headphones could be critical for ANC and mic performance.
The finish of the plastic could be better as well as it doesn’t give a good indication of the quality of plastic used. A matte finish could be nice.

4 Likes

I voted that reusing the design was a good idea, but if the headphones are uncomfortable after a few hours that could be a dealbreaker. All the cool electronics in the world don’t matter if they hurt to wear.

4 Likes

Well as I’ve immagined the Muse, the form can’t be too original, beside that all the model used as example were very similar, if not equal.
So if by using an existing model, the product will be cheaper, I’m fine with it.

1 Like

The idea sounds great but if much of the design cannot be changed, then we will experience the same negative experiences such as comfort, and finicky touch controls as pointed out from the review site, Toms Hardware.

If the comfort issues can be resolve and you will rely heavily on the the BEST QUALITY SOUND to sell your product then good luck to your team as I will not unfortunately wear these headphones as their are already enough out their that has great “Bluetooth” quality sound and also looks great.

I look forward to the Bowers and Wilkins PX7.

4 Likes

Another suggestion is to get Zeos Pantera from Z Reviews on YouTube to provide headphone input. The guy is spot on with his headphone / earphone recommendations.

4 Likes

A lot of people seem to be saying that they like this approach however not too many people seem to be putting in inspiration or ideas for what they would like to make the final design look similar to. I personally like the design of the Sony WH-1000XM3’s with the Gold/Copper and matte black as long as the matte finish isn’t too much of a fingerprint magnet. I like how the hinge almost becomes one with the rest of the design when in the wearing position and it looks sleek and professional as a result. A few other headphones that follow this design que are the Bose QC 35 II’s and the Sennheiser PXC 550 Wireless. It makes each ear cup from a small distance look like one piece even though the hinge is still there. I think the simplistic “modern” design and accents of luxury (Copper/Gold) make it look great and not too wacky like the Sennheiser HD660 or the HD 820 model lines look. If we can incorporate @Mohammad_Hadi’s idea of using the currently silver rim (my preference is color match it to the Gold/Copper color and to make it sit flush with the outside of the headphone cup) as the volume control on one side and noise cancelling on another. I think it would look sleek and professional. One thing I do like about Cleer’s Flow II headset is that the ports face downward. It’s a nice design choice that comes in handy if you get caught out in a sprinkle unprepared but are hopefully able to get the headphones put away in their carrying case before the rain picks up and they get ruined (direct result of a lack of a water resistance rating). Has it been brought up for a gesture control pad on the earcup like on the Sony’s I referenced earlier? If not, how are we skipping songs/replaying song/queuing the assistant? The reason I ask is Cleer’s website doesn’t seem to have a bunch of pictures of it detailing where the buttons are located at and the picture provided in the post doesn’t either. Also I would like to vote for a button to que the assistant and not have the digital assistant queued through the microphone by voice after the software thinks it heard a que word or phrase. In my experience digital assistants don’t currently seem to do a great job of differentiating between random noise that has a similar sound to the word or phrase and the actual queuing word or phrase.

4 Likes

Seems to be missing multipoint Bluetooth?

1 Like