LG 27GP950 Specs

LG has their new HDMI 2.1 monitor up on their site. Now to see if they actually start selling them. $800 in the US.

Looks like they also went with 2 x HDMI and 1 x DP.

Included in the box:

• USB type B Cable
  • USB type C Cable (no mention if they have charging or DP)
  • HDMI Cable (assume 2.1)
  • Mouse Hook (not sure what that is)
  • Monitor Stand

One year warranty.

6 Likes

Thank you but Not to buy in europe. And all the other firms are selling their Monitors in the future above EUR 1000 I will stick to the Eve

2 Likes

Maybe someone can Test both monitors, lcd against w-led

This LG model uses the same exact panel that the Spectrum Model 3 is using.

2 Likes

Just because ancient GPUs are selling for 2x of their MSRP doesn’t mean people suddenly start to fork out enormous amounts for a monitor.

2 Likes

Not only that, but Gigabyte also just released info on their new 4K 144Hz monitor, see here: https://www.gigabyte.com/Monitor/M28U.

4 Likes

This was around the price mark I was thinking it would be.

There was also an announcement on the Overclockers Forum; posted back in march:

After the crazy demand for 27GN950 the succesor replacement SKU is now up for general sale.

We have been told that availability for these will be better than the 27GN950 but not initially.

We have 95 units coming in at the end of April. Half of these have already been pre-ordered by people who had pre-orders on the 27GN950 whom I gave early notice they could switch.

It seems that they will start shipping the GP950 at the end of the month; for those that were able to get the pre-order anyway.

I’m still waiting for the Spectrum. June can’t come soon enough!

Edit: According to this tweet regarding the release of the GP950. The GP950 has been pushed back to late May!

3 Likes

The KVM button is nice, but the panel itself seems to be not as good with only HDR400 certification which is a dime a dozen. Also edge lit instead of back lit.

4 Likes

Looks like still no pixel-perfect (integer) scaling, so Eve Spectrum are currently the only option for those who care about upscaling quality at non-native resolutions.

2 Likes

I bought the GN950 as I couldn’t wait any longer for the Spectrum and found one in stock in the UK for £780 or so.
Its a nice monitor (if you use a Visa mount, that stand is grim) and great for gaming (4K high settings at 60hz for solo games and either 1080/1440 or some hybrid for FPS) but pales in comparison to my LG 5K Ultrafine.
Will see how the Spectrum compares, if it ever ships.

1 Like

The GP950’s price has been adjusted to $899.

5 Likes

Also, there is no such thing as HDR2000.

1 Like

Has anyone seen this come in stock? I think at this point we can safely say they have delayed the launch from April. I assume they are having the same exact problem as Eve with the HDMI chip.

5 Likes

Yet. No such thing … yet. :smiley:

2 Likes

No, and pretty sure it’s not coming in stock until after other competitors’ products hit the market.

2 Likes

According to the OC forum. The monitor is due to leave LG warehouses in late May. So they’ve added an ETA of 18/06/21 for the Pre-orders they’ve already accepted.

Had an update that the Monitors now have a date of end of May into the vendors warehouse so hopefully will be into distributors beginning of June and into us a day or two later!

I’ve added an eta of 18/06/21 to the product page but that is only for the pre-orders already accepted. No date for any further intakes yet.

Will keep you updated if I get any further info!

Source

On the Currys PC world website is says the monitor is coming soon on 7th June.
Source

That’s for the UK vendors anyway.

Based on all this, it sure does look like the GP950 monitor also as been delayed till at least June.

2 Likes

I would love to see a 160Hz overclock on the Spectrum. Have they done any testing on panel overclocks?

2 Likes

Hey, @Tyberious! We haven’t attempted 160Hz overclocking on the 4K model Spectrum. It could be something we experiment with in the future!

3 Likes

I can help with this, I have all the tools and equipment to properly test. Once I receive my unit ill start testing and provide feedback. In most cases the controllers frame skip when attempting to run over their rated frequency, depending on the controller used it may or may not work.

Also its really quick and easy to attempt, just make custom resolutions in nvidia control panel and test them, if you get frame skipping or not supported or any errors then the firmware has the refresh rate locked and will need to be unlocked to see how far the panel and chip can go. If you get activating or color banding or flashing then the panel is likely the limiting factor.

4 Likes

I’ve been eagerly awaiting the Spectrum, however, I was able to order the LG 27GP950 today from LG.com and it will arrive next Monday, so I’ll be canceling my preorder. I paid more than I would have from Eve, but I wanted to get it ASAP.

2 Likes