Latest Updates: Shipping Timeline, Screen Calibration and more

As most of the people here, I too don’t like the delay, but as I posted back when the shipping was delayed to April, and as many people here have said, such as @vithren and @AML, the device will be so great that this kind of delay 8which, especially for a big hardware project by a small company, is still pretty ok) will be very much worth it, and that in the end all the frustration about a short term delay will be offset by all the benefits of a well-calibrated device.

You are a wise man

Verzonden vanaf mijn Windows 10-telefoon

Van: Benmailto:eve@discoursemail.com
Verzonden: donderdag 13 april 2017 22:58
Aan: amlouis@hotmail.commailto:amlouis@hotmail.com
Onderwerp: [Eve Community] [News & Announcements] Latest Updates: Shipping Timeline, Screen Calibration and more

[https://discourse-cdn-sjc1.com/business2/user_avatar/eve.community/benej98/45/3429_1.png] benej98https://eve.community/users/benej98 Senior Creator
April 13

As most of the people here, I too don’t like the delay, but as I posted back when the shipping was delayed to April, and as many people here have said, such as @vithrenhttps://eve.community/users/vithren and @AMLhttps://eve.community/users/aml, the device will be so great that this kind of delay 8which, especially for a big hardware project by a small company, is still pretty ok) will be very much worth it, and that in the end all the frustration about a short term delay will be offset by all the benefits of a well-calibrated device.

I think your mail kinda got in the way of the post :stuck_out_tongue:

Lukas_Fikr,

Have it shipped to my house in the Portland Oregon area and I’ll have it waiting for you! Contact me offline if you think you might want to do that.

I already have two coming my way!

Mike

@Mike_Bamberg Thanks for offer - but we will be hiking south of Bend. I have some friends in Portland, OR and Vancouver, WA. I already solved it - it will be shipped to my office, but I was hoping to take it with me for trip.

Have fun hiking. We’ve had an incredibly wet winter and spring, something
like 300% of normal!! It’s likely to be colder and much more snow than the
travel brochure shows ;-).

Mike

Mike Bamberg, DPE
(503) 781-1297
www.mikebamberg.com

@Mike_Bamberg - we had snowstorm today morning here in Calgary - about 2-4 inches of wet heavy snow.

Given that normal startups and small teams use crowdfunding platform to build and sell products, I will say that delays are generally normal. This is due to many factors ranging from inexperience in estimating buffers, unforeseen major issues to even lack of bargaining power that large organisation have.

All in all, it is how the team handles the delays and keep delays to a minimum while trying to ship the best product possible. To date, I have contribute to 10 campaigns, out of these only 1 managed to shipped on time, 5 got delayed by 5-9 months, 1 was a bloody scam, 2 got postpone indefinitely and there is V. So I will like to say that the team handled it really well in comparison to the rest of the campaigns that I have contributed. Well done team and I can’t wait to hold the product in my hands !

My wife and I honeymooned in Calgary and Banff! Absolutely stunning landscape.

As far as I’m concerned with any delays, I’ll take quality over speed any day. Just my opinion.

Keep on truckin Eve! Looking forward to the end product.

Please keep a bit more on topic guys :wink:

I second the thought that quality is important, I just ask that getting us sick in over communication is a good thing, if we could have a status on when the shipments are going out, how the mini-batch is going, or anything else you guys think the community would be interested in is a very good thing. The finish line is within sight and I ask that the tendency to go silent to not communicate bumps in the road be avoided, I expect that there will be few bumps but having led projects I suspect that there will be some surprises that the EVE team will work through very well.

I also suspect that there will be some jostling of priorities coming up and communicating the jostling will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much Konsta,

I believe that most of the people who joined you for this “project” knew this could happen.
After all, you are trying to re-write the manual and turn the industry upside down.
It would be difficult enough if you were a big company, but with your small size, what you are achieving is simply incredible.

Please don’t forget that it’s impossible to keep everybody happy, but for every person who complains about a delay, there are hundreds who are just patiently waiting to receive something amazing.

We’ll worth the wait I say!

Just to clarify…

I like the idea of potentially getting the early bird sooner (if I’m one of the lucky ones), but after reviewing your proposal, I wanted to make sure I was seeing things correctly:

1. proposal #1: after shipping out “hyper early birds” in the first part of May, 30 days later, ship out 2000 of the “early birds”.

2. proposal #2: after shipping out “hyper early birds” in the first part of May, start shipping out 500 units every 2 weeks.

If this is correct, it seems like option 2 extends the early bird shipping to 6-8 weeks. Is my understanding correct?

If building 2000 units will take 8 weeks anyway, please let us know as soon as this is confirmed, since many people have the expectation that 30 days after the hyper early, all the next batch will be shipped.

I want to have reasonable expectations.

Thanks for your openess and willingness to receive feedback on this topic. I think you can tell we’re very excited about receiving the product.

In that case they won’t be shipping out 500 every 2 weeks but do the first 500 two weeks after the hyper early birds and then go on to pruduce and ship the rest in batches of around 500.

here Konsta is talking about 450 units, so I assume 500 can be done in 3 days.

The Idea is not to extend the timeframe over which second batch shipments will be spread, but to split production and shipment in smaller batches some of which will be delivered earlier.

The way I read it the few days are not between production and shipment of one sub-batch, but between production and shipment of two. :wink:

Don’t care about delays when they are used for solving issues and makes our experience flawless =D

@Konstantinos I haven’t received the email for locking the mailing address down.

As a non-backer, I feel ya!

Right now, the excitement and adrenaline I have are completely off the charts!

I can’t wait for summer to come!

You mention problems with customs in the USA. Is there any reason why there should be a problem and is there any reason to expect that US citizens will have to pay import fees?

Jeff.

For some countries (eg Canada), people opted to pay for the shipper to handle remitting the tax I’m sure some opted not to - but iirc the USA tax/customs was going to be included. Doesn’t mean they won’t still give it a look over when it’s passing through the mail centre though. @pauliunas had his opened by customs so every situation will differ. Everything Eve is doing is above board however so rest easy!