As stated in the keyboard design thread, I want to open a new (and old at the same time) topic to finalize the German layout of the keyboard for the V.
The original design that could be voted for is the following:
The design that I added is the following (and I just realized that I forgot the µ on the letter M):
The changes I made are the following:
- main character is centric on the key, secondary or others go in a corner (except keys all the way to the left or right)
- main character is increased in size compared to the secondry
- Windows key exchanged with logo
- Arrows exchanged with triangles
- Exchanged Oops! with the backslash arrow
- F1-F12 smaller as I wanted to add pictures for fn functions
What I did not do (yet) is to add the Fn functionalities (as I assume that these will be generic for all languages (probably except for Pos1 and Ende which I added on the arrows).
Please share which type of the key above enter you would like (if something else, please comment) - please only vote if you purchased a V and will opt for the German keyboard:
- Backspace (Pfeil)
- Something else
Votes are public.
Please also share your preference of the keyboards shown above, best with remarks that we can build the actual "best" keyboard for the German speaking market!
As stated before: I don't mean this as offense to any effort already put in the German layout, I'm glad there was because I reused most of it
@iKirin @Konstantinos @Mike: Is there a chance to get both versions (oops! and backspace in case there are enough people asking for each? When is the deadline for the keyboards? How will the fn functions be shown on the keyboard?
Thanks all! And a happy new year