Just Another V Review... [JAVR]

After a very long wait… Which, I could honest say, I was about to give up… The V is finally here (March 2nd)…

Spec: [LB] i7, 16Gb RAM, 512Gb ROM…

• This thing is packaged for a battle… Bubble protection was awesome… (Same packaging when I receive wine/whisky bottles…)
  • The white box looks subtlely superb and the internal padding was well thought out… Looks really pricey and top notch all thoughout…
  • Right off the bat, I picked up the V… Yes… Yes… Yes… That V is a bit heavy, but nothing a strong gentleman should moan about…
  • Saw hand oil markings on the aluminum back… I really hate that… Wipe… Wipe… Wipe… DBrand Skin(Leather) to the rescue… Was a breeze to install…
  • That really nice and luxurous Alcantara Keyboard still annoys me as I know it will be a lint magnet… DAMNIT!!!
  • The keys and trackpad is not prone to oil markings… That’s a plus… I still do not like that Alcantara…
  • That dreaded screen protector was a b!tch to install… Also predisposed to oil markings… Argh!!! I need to order another one… The matte type pls…
  • Plug the power adapter, stick that UBS-C cable on both sides and snap in the keyboard and we’re off…
  • On bootup, you can see that gorgeous screen come to life… Initial setup was a breeze and normally long… Update/reboot/update/reboot/update/reboot… I thought it will never end…
  • Change the backlit keyboard to my fav light red… I’m in cloud nine…
  • Everything was as expected and even more, the V is truly a stunning device…

(Note: I had one horrendous experience which I have documented [video’ed]… I won’t say/publish it unless it happens again… Do not ask, I won’t say what it is…)

Some concerns so far: (I’ll add as I go alone…)

*** Waking up from sleep/hibernation is not consistent… Case in point:

1. When you close the keyboard and then open it, most times it wakes up without a fuzz sometimes it doesn’t…
  2. When #1 doesn’t work, need to press the power key lightly…
  3. When #2 doesn’t work, a long press on the power key is needed…

*** Warm V while inside the backpack/sleeve… Still reading up on the community board and tweaking those settings…

*** Day March 4th (Came home early morning March 3rd… No time for V…)

• Installed Rainmeter and use the default skin… Still looking for a skin that I would want installed… So many freaken options…
  • Just playing around and get the feel of the V on keyboard and/or tablet mode…
  • Still very much annoyed by that screen protector…
  • Those lint accummulating on the Alcantara… Argh!!!

*** Day March 5th

• First time the V went out with me to the office…
  • Installed various apps, configured email boxes, save links, etc…
  • Ordered a screen protector from BROTECT® AirGlass® Premium Glass Screen Protector [EveV]…
  • Didn’t use it extensively for now…

An ordinary microfiber cloth does wonders when cleaning Alcantara. :hugs:

A readily available scotch tape does wonders… :wink: :wink: :wink:

But it still annoys me to see all those white specs attaching itself with gusto to the lovely Alcantara… :smirk: :smirk: :smirk:

Argh!!!

Stop taking it out into the snow. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Doesn’t snow in HK mate… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I was trying to be polite, but wtf.

Then it’s probably dandruff.
Since there’s a heck of a lot of people there.

Hahaha… All I can say is “I take shower before I leave for work…”

I do no want to comment on others shower habits before going to work… I plead the fifth… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Given the topic of this discussion, in regards to …“white specks” your name “Blowfish” is appropriate. All I can say is that I doubt that your V + Alcantara keyboard can be re-sold, what with all the “white stains” on it.

White Specs = Lint

No idea what you are implying… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You opened the bottom drawer, we just empty it.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Are some trying to explain that fishes can loose scales? :thinking:

Believe it or not, but Blowfish do not have scales:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

How does the screen protector do/look/feel?

Unfortunately, the one that came with the V will be dispose ones the one I ordered arrives…

Ah so the new one didn’t arrive yet :wink:

I’ve already heard that the one that came with the V isn’t that great of a thing. So I meant the one you ordered with my question. Because I’m currently searching for one to order for my V which is supposed to arrive at the end of this month :wink:

how long did you wait?
because now it has been almost a mounth of waitibg :anguished::anguished::rage: