July 6th Update 2018

I understand why you feel that way and I’m not trying to dismiss anyone’s anger over still not having their V, whether thru delayed production/shipping or lack of response from support. I just don’t see any of this happening because Eve doesn’t care or is dishonest. I see a series of unfortunate events that tripped up a young company. I also think that most start-ups faced with the current situation would have shut down and ran while they could. Things suck right now for sure…not denying that…but for example, I know how cold blooded the CC industry can be and the frozen funds (and lack of caring about the effects) is in their hands, at their doing…not Eve’s. That’s why I’m still willing to cut Eve slack on the fact that they have had to scramble and that has messed up pretty much everything.

Enough about that though. I’m also happy with my V. I use it for work and as my daily driver. Hoping to test out Photoshop and Premiere on it soon. I haven’t felt that there are more issues to deal with than with any other PC I’ve owned.

You’ve mentioned the upper USB port issue on multiple occasions. I have to ask; have you tried modifying the end of your USB-C cable as has been suggested? I have the same loose port and it’s worked without problems since I shaved a little material off the cable end. It’s not an ideal solution but it took 2 mins and now I don’t even think about it.

It still does not explain lack of support …

Except of USB-C port (and sleeve) I do not have any issues with my V (knock the wood), it works better then first Surface Pros or Surface Book (less issues with Windows, overheating, …).

Yes I tried - it is better, but still loose. But I’m not cutting my memory sticks or USB-C program dongles …

I can understand that. I probably wouldn’t cut those either. I’m using all USB-A memory sticks and dongles so I haven’t had to face that scenario. My upper port is still a little loose with the modified cable as well but fortunately it works perfectly.

I have it with RAM mount in my car:
TB3 port - charging
USB-A - GPS
USB-A/C - memory stick with maps/aerial photographs
USB-C/A - program dongles

Cannot cut GPS, memory stick, program dongles, tried cut charging cable but it often disconnects …

Which charging cable did you modify? I used the long one that came with the V but I’m sure there’s some variance between cables. I’ll try another one and see if it works just as well.

I tried 3 different ones (slightly different lengths of the metal part).

or paypal 202020202020202

Well said

My guess is they don’t do the developing themself, more likely it’s done by their manufacturer.
So no funds for assembly means software development on hold until the investor sweeps in to save the day.

Oh yea, I should add: this sucks

Hi Fernando! Can you check your spam folder for the survey? All customers concerned should have it. If you don’t see it, please contact our support for more instructions

3 more months till eve refunds, why so long

These are my guesses:

• They have to manually refund each person 1 by 1 for whatever reason. Hence the surveys. The September date is probably their guessimate of when they will have processed all the refunds (ie some may get it earlier than others).
  • They may have to wait for investment so they can use some of that money to refund some/all that have asked.
  • They would have unlocked enough funds from shipping Vs to refund those that have asked.
  • Mixture of above

Big news for me, I got an update from the support today, the previous reply from Eve support was in April 17th :

Well at least I have an update but “the frozen funds” issue is really unappropriate for a HEB & LB.

This situation means there is a real management issue in this company and over a year they didn’t learn anything about money management (PayPal issue last year…). This is sad and I am concerned about Eve’s future…

For information, this is all I am still waiting for :
Original Keyboard (US)
V Magnetic Protective Sleeve
V Zipper Protective Sleeve
Eve Thunderbolt™ 3 Cable (0,5 meters )
International Replaceable Plug Set For Eve V Power Adapter
Eve USB C to HDMI adapter
Eve V USB-C to USB-C Charging Cable (1 meter)
Eve V USB-C to USB-C Charging Cable Extra Long (2.5 meters)
Extra V Pen

I don’t understand why everyone on here thinks insulting Eve and being rude will somehow cause the funds to magically open up.

Investing energy in something else might be more helpful and effective.
As it is not on purpose one should ask how can one single community member do what a community does best and support.
But - and this is maybe only my personal view - be patient and wait is not what this is about. Communities are at their best if active not passive.

There must be something that can be done, right ? @Mike @Konstantinos

Waiting and being patient doesn’t accomplish anything.
Waiting for a refund for 3 months and then being told to wait for another 2 while you need that money is infuriating. If you can’t go to the law cause you can’t afford it means you are stuck with emotions.
What do you do with emotions ?

Don’t get diabetes!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wonder if we’ll be getting another minor update today? Not that there’s probably much new to say but still, I kind of like the idea of weekly updates.

I agree, they should be more forthcoming, and even if they haven’t found backing, they could at least state why they aren’t getting the investors that they wanted. I am beginning to suspect that their initial Indiegogo funds went to mainly personnel and not to equipment purchases, and that is why their funds were frozen. They probably should have done more research into fabrication in China before they started their project. I would have figured since most of us ordered directly from their website, they had solved this problem. I guess that was a bid of misstep on our part (our being their customers). I don’t need the device right now, my SP4 is functioning fine, but I would like to trial it as a proof of concept for my sales team. That being said, their deliveries, keep me from recommending them when I could get a ultrabook with more powerful processors, a larger screen, and as much storage for less. Heck I could probably by a current macbook pro for the money I spent on this device, and had it by now.