After 48 hours of using V, I am pretty happy with it, I thought I would share my pros and cons:
- Tablet Device is built really well, build quality is excellent
- Screen is v.good, subjectively I would say on par with MBP
- Performance is absolutely fine for everything I usually do (this was a big concern for me from reviews). I work in software and having a bunch of VSC editors open, multiple docker images running and building/running applications all run fine.
- Form factor is great for fitting in bag even when inside Mozo magnetic case.
- Keyboard is OK, some keys dont register sometimes, also I would have preferred stiffer keyboard, bends a bit too much when resting on lap.
- Charger is very deep, I had to create space in the 2 places I charge it (anyone recommend a smaller 3rd party charger?)
- Pen isn’t great, Buttons are in weird place and overall I dont enjoy using it as much as I hoped.
- Battery isn’t as good as I expected, anyone recommend a good battery tracker software to get stats?
- Speaker sound isn’t as good as expected.
After 48 hours use I am pretty happy with what I got. The 3 key questions for me:
Is it worth 1000 euros?
Yes, but not more.
Was it worth waiting a year for?
No, it’s not ‘better’ than other devices I could have bought a year ago.
Would I advise someone to buy it now for 1000 (i5) euro?
Yes, if you can order now and get it within a month, it’s the best value 2 in 1 you can buy today IMHO.