Is your charger has electricity leakage?

Hi, I have bought a EVE V i5 8GB recently, it seems that my charger has the problem of electricity leakage, when I charge my tablet with the original charger, I have used a test pencil to test is there a electricity leakage, you can see it from the screenshot, does anyone has the same problem?

Thanks in advance

4 Likes

We knew it but you have proved it. Thanks!

3 Likes

Thanks for reply, it’s a bit dangerous I guess, I don’t want to get electric shock

I think this is related to how the pen is not accurate when V is being charged.

This was noted in the first few months after the V was shipped. You can feel a mild current on the back of the unit if it is bare. I have a “skin” on mine and didn’t feel it after that.

Mike

1 Like

Thanks for relpy, so if I keep it bare and doesn’t apply any skins to the back of my tablet I may feel the mild current? Will I get electric shock because of that?:laughing:

I can’t say I’ve noticed anything on my V but my previous Toshiba Portege laptop gives me enough of a current to be slightly uncomfortable when I rest my wrist in a certain position so I don’t think it’s an uncommon problem.

It feels like rubbing lightly over the ‘sticking side’ of tape. :neutral_face:

I don’t know exactly how it is with the V, but I had the experience with a Siemens Laptop but only in Countries with 110V even though I used a Charger with a Groundpin. In that case I had always around 100V on different points of the housing. But only a very small current which wasn’t dangerous at all. But still funny because if you typed on the keyboard on a certain position you felt a slight buzz.

It’s a charger issue I think.

I had the same with my macbook. And some other devices. Took me 4 years to figure out it was due to electricity.