Is the eve V what we thought it would be?

Well based on their usage they got that. And yes, everybody probably now knows that there are things to optimize to make the battery life better.

1 Like

I’m reading many explanations why the testers are wrong and what real world use means and doesn’t mean and how battery life is measured. Those sound more excuses, as the promised life was well over 10 hours of “real use” when I purchased the device. Nobody is really talking about how in theory battery life could be optimised. That’s a bit worrisome to me.

I can understand speakers could work better with an update, if they had to disable the amplifier and what not, but what could be done about the power consumption of a screen or a processor?

1 Like

PErsonally i would have wanted to see something like anandtechs deep dive review.

And no personally don’t know what optimizations there can be done. Konsta just said that everything is pretty much on default, and they haven’t really touched anything at this point.

There was a thread about battery consumption by @s.auler I think where atlwast the wifi cards transmit power was set to “highest” on default which is pretty much unnecessary power drain. So it might be just these little things

1 Like

This is at least reassuring on the battery front:

1 Like