iPhone 12 Discussion

Anyone getting a new iPhone? Have had my iPhone 8 for many years now and will be upgrading to the iPhone 12 Pro since AT&T will give me $800 for my 8.

5 Likes

do you need that new apple device ?

Daaang. I would definitely jump on that.

If my 6S Plus breaks down this year I’ll happily grab an iPhone 12. But the $799 is a bit more than I want to pay, and I really wanted TouchID to come back like in the new iPads. So those two reasons combined with the fact that my 6S Plus is still running along means I’ll try to wait another year.

I have a 7 right now and I’m really considering getting the 12 Pro, but I think I’ll wait one more year. The main upgrade seems to be 5G capabilities but I don’t even get 5G coverage. I love the flat-edge design though, it looks much better IMO.

I was in the exact same boat as you until my work phone got upgraded from an iPhone 7 to an 11. After using FaceID and the different swipes since there is no home button I was converted. I am honestly annoyed sometimes when I am using my 8 and cannot swipe up to go home or change the app. It also makes my notifications more secure since it will not show the text of the notification till it verifies your face. So it only has the app name in the bubble.

No I do not need a new iPhone, just like I do not need my new Spectrum monitors or a lot of the stuff I buy. For $200 I will upgrade to the latest phone with OLED and 5G that I will keep for another 3-4 years. I never understand why people get so annoyed at other people spending their own money. If you do not like Apple or any other new products then don’t buy them and let other people make their own decisions.

Just be aware that the rumors are saying this will be the last iPhone with a lightning port. The next one will be getting rid of the port all-together and go to all wireless.

This will also be a big upgrade for photography with my iPhone. It is nice and all to get those huge images from my Nikon D7500, but it is so much nicer to have a small, compact phone that can take photos good enough. I can be hiking and see something great and take a photos in a few seconds then keep going.

1 Like

In my opinion, I would suggest you to buy the iPhone 12 Pro Max

The one thing I do like about my 8 is the small size of the phone. The 12 Pro is a little bit bigger, but the Max is way too big for me. I know they are adding some extra camera features over the normal Pro this year, but it is not worth the size increase to me.

1 Like

I have updated my iPhone 7 to iPhone 12 and 12 is in transit. highly appreciate to receive my new phone! A14 Bionic chip and Ultra Wide camera and 5G are great enough!!even the battery is better than my 7.

1 Like