Checking in with hyper V results:
- starting up is very slow, like 5 mins but I hear that’s a hyper V problem
- after starting, everything feels reasonably OK - as in, no real complaints about performance
- using powershell remotely and running simple commands
- using edge to browse and download programs
- installing program (sql server and visual studio)
Havent actually tried doing anything with sql server yet, will check back when/if I do.
I might just install powerbi desktop and try some stuff on it - it creates an analysis services instance so I guess should give some kind of idea how the vm will handle some queries
P.s. vm with default settings and win 10 installed from iso.