Hello Eve Family!
Firstly some amazing news!
We have finally received displays from Sharp needed for production this Saturday. Our schedule is unchanged and we will be shipping Hyper Early Birds and Early Birds in the end of October and Limited Birds in the end of November. You can read more detailed update here: The update 2.10
You are everything we have got. It is impossible to quantify just how much your support has meant to us in the past months.
And it is our pleasure to let you know,
1TB UPGRADES TO V ORDERS ARE AVAILABLE, STARTING TOMORROW!
FUEL THE FUTURE – GET THE T-SHIRT FROM THE WEBSTORE
Samsung 1TB SM961 SSD upgrade for V m3/ i5/ i7
Below is the upgrade cost for different V versions:
- Upgrade from V m3 version - 499USD/ 419EUR
- Upgrade from V i5 version - 429USD/ 359EUR
- Upgrade from V i7 version - 329USD/ 279EUR
We stay true to our no-middleman vision and keep our upgrade costs as low as possible!
For example to upgrade new Surface Pro from 512GB version to 1TB version you would pay: 500USD/ 650EUR (depending on your market)
Here’s the 1TB SSD performance as tested on the V:
Power consumption is around 5% better on this SSD comparing to the Intel 600p. We will need to do more tests to measure exact power consumption.
Previous discussion on the SSD here: https://eve.community/t/poll-would-you-make-another-payment-to-eve-for-an-1tb-ssd-upgrade/5744
WEDNESDAY THE 4TH OF OCTOBER 5 P.M. EEST
(Check here what that means to your time: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/?t=5:00%20pm&tz=Helsinki&)
We will post a new update with the direct link once the store is live.
The webstore closes the sales of the 1TB upgrades and T-shirts on MONDAY THE 9TH OF OCTOBER 1 P.M. EEST.
We exist to give you great affordable tech. The 1TB option has been a hot topic for some time, and now we have managed to ensure its availability, and that it fits the V
= Finally we can offer it to you!
Also the T-shirts have been something that we get contacts about all the time. So now you have the option to express your support, and join the V revolution in a more concrete way! These are great shirts for you great people! Getting one WILL HELP EVE.
The T-Shirts are printed in the U.S. We will ship the T-Shirts from Asia, using the same fulfillment partner and service as the V uses. In short, the shipment of these T-Shirts pave the way for smooth V deliveries!
Bit of details, to get you prepared:
- 1TB SSD upgrades are obviously available only to current orders (available for m3, i5 and i7 models)
- You can make the payment by card, transactions are handled via Stripe (already used safely in Backerkit). We hope to offer more options in the near future!
- Upgrading to 1TB may have effect on the delivery of your V order (see below)
- While the 1TB upgrade is available to all the backers, the T-shirts are only feasible to be shipped to EU, USA, Norway, Canada, Switzerland, Australia and Hong Kong. As we grow we will expand this global!
IMPORTANT TO NOTE!
- We have been promised by the 1TB supplier that a timely delivery of the components will take place. However, in order to keep everything safe, transparent and simple, the V computers which are upgraded to 1TB will be shipped in the second batch (estimate late November/early December), or in an unforeseen force majeure scenario, causing delay on the components’ arrival, as quick as possible after that
- Refunds are available for these items only before the sales period ends (Monday 9.10. 1 P.M. EEST), since we will place the orders for the exact amounts and units right after the sales end.
- As the T-shirts are produced individually based on the selected size and print, no returns are possible for the T-shirt orders. The shirts are high quality print, and you can see them for example here on the live stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLY0IcCeAdM
Or here in the NYC community meetup: Meet up in New York City!? Thursday 23rd March
BUT because of option of no-return, make sure that you select the correct size (sizing guide will be provided), and you want this type of shirt Then get it!