Hey people, Jules Wang from Pocketnow here.
I’ve been asked by @Konstantinos to post a little thread on my experiences so far. I do not represent Pocketnow in this aspect as I have paid for my i5/256 unit for my personal use, but I’m happy to provide a few pros and cons here. Keep in mind that as such, I’ll be more subjective than I would be when writing for a publication.
- Man, the keyboard pitch and travel is great. Dream for me.
- Bluetooth keyboard functions, while I don’t use often, is really handy and easy to set up.
- Screen quality is terrific, calibration is satisfactory. Just blends into my eyes.
- I have not been able to nor have I wanted to run a full battery cycle, but from extrapolating prolonged off-charger usage, I suspect that battery life will be anywhere from 6 to 8 hours for me, more than satisfactory.
- I would have preferred 16:9 instead of 3:2 because of my side-by-side window setup for work, but that’s minor.
- Some users have reported bad battery drain for sleep. Yep, same here.
- Keyboard can’t recognize more than two keys pressed simultaneously, which means I can’t play Spelunky.
- I’m still uncomfortable with Alcantara as I do a lot of work in cafes, etc. It feels nice, but I don’t want to think about spills or crumbs.
There’s still plenty that Eve will need to prove if it wants to be a company of good repute like firmware updates and customer support. Still, I had bought my device for $999 and for my purposes, this is more than I could ever expect from a crowdfunding project.
Let me know what to continue looking out for and if you tihnk you have thoughts you want to trade with me. Thanks!