Hi from Belgium

Hi guys, I’m José (37) from Portugal but living in Leuven for 5 years now.
I need to change my old and every day more crippled laptop (11 yo). It was a wonderful journey but it’s time to move on. While searching for reviews on youtube I came up to a review over the launching of EVE V at Computex 2017 and since then became a fan! When I was not sure about going for a Surface Pro, or a DEL XPS 15 and it was a matter of 1 week to go in for the kill (€€€€) everything is now on HALT for the next BATCH of EVE to come out.

8 Likes

Welcome to the community, glad you’re here! 11 years with a laptop is forever, hopefully the V will last just as long!

1 Like

Hi Jose! Welcome welcome. Yeah, 11 years is a crazy long time in the computing world, but the wait for the V will be worth it! p.s. EVE is the company, V is the model :wink:

1 Like

Welcome José,
11 years laptop, wow! I knew that some fossils are still living, here is the proof :smile:
By the way, which OS does it work with ?

1 Like

Hi José! Wow 11 years is a long time for a laptop- mine is 7 years in and it’s already dead to the world haha.

2 Likes

AHAH Thank you for the welcoming AML.
My fossil is a DELL Latitude 5000 series have been updating him for quite some time. It has now 4Gb RAM and a 500Gb HDD. It started with 1Gb RAM and 150Gb HDD. It is a war machine! It is now running Windows 10, with all the normal Office tools installed, Photoshop, VMWare and some more but lately I am having serious problems with Edge browser, Outlook and overheating. When I get my hands on the EVE V, I will try to make my Jurassic coompanion a music server at home. :thinking:

ah, you clever people! I had a 6 yr old lenovo that worked ok (i3 with about 8 gb of RAM), but was so big and bulky. When I got my surface I sold it at a car boot sale for 30 quid! In hindsight, I guess I could have kept it for some home networking malarkey…

1 Like

My old old Sony (now on w10) had serious overheating problems, I tried every complicated way to get the temperature down (like finding to much consuming services and all that crap).

The real solution was very easy: cleaning the cooling ventilator with the ducts and especially cleaning the screen through which the cooling air was aspirated. A teaspoon of dust …

It works ok now: no heating or other problems any more. :blush:

2 Likes

I will indeed open mine to try to do that WHEN i get the V! :joy:

1 Like

Novo tuga na comunidade :smiley:

Welcome to the community and hope you enjoy. Hopefully the wait for a V won’t be long so you can retire the 11 year old laptop!

1 Like

Eheh Obrigado.
Do you have one already?

Nop, I’m in the first batch and they should be sent later this month if all goes well.

1 Like