Hello from Switzerland

Hi! I’m Till from Switzerland.
My soon to be 5 year old HP Laptop is slowly dying, it’s battery is so bad that when I don’t use it for a few days, it goes from fully charged to compleatly drained, and even the most basic tasks need the fans blowing at high speed to keep it from cooking my hands. I was thinking of replacing it with a surface pro soon, because I really like this formfactor and the pen input for note taking and little drawings (for which I bought a basic Wacom). But the portselection on the Surface lineup is just a dealbreaker for me. I’ll be studying probably Biology or Electroengineering next year, so I need a new device by that time. But then I stumbled over the Video of the Eve V on the Linus Tech Tipps channel and was instantly sold! I hope I can get my hands on one of these or I might have to look into the Dell XPS series.

Anyways, have a great time and greetings from Switzerland!

4 Likes

As a german neighbour i welcome you to the community. You made the right decission. :wink:

If you have any questions feel free to ask me or any other person here. I still remember how confused I was in the beginning :smile:

There are lots of south-German indiegogo backers… I’m just one hour away from Zürich and as a hyper early bird I can give you the chance to see and touch the V (if it is in my hands soon) before ordering if you want to…

Hi, fellow swiss here.
If you have questions pn me or just ask in the forum, make sure tho to post it in the right category :slight_smile:
greets.

That would be really cool! but I don’t know if I will have the time, as I have to serve in community service as an army service substitute this year :frowning:. Thanks alot for the offer though, I might get back to you ;).

Hi Till and welcome from a fellow Swiss. I have the excact same story as you do. Formfactor of Surface graet, ports meh. But I feel like that’s a good thing, otherwise I wouldn’t have looked for and found somehting like the eve v! :smiley:

Is that offer forwardable? I might be very interested to have a real look at the product!

Best wishes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Suggestion: Try before you buy at community volunteer

Hey Till,

Seems your introduction thread got a bit sidetracked, so I’ve split that discussion off into its own topic. Doesn’t mean you’re any less welcome though. Welcome to eve.community!

4 Likes