Greetings from Halle (Saale)

Hey Guys,

my name is Ferdinand, 22 years old and studying business engineering at Anhalt University of Applied Sciences.

I stumbled upon the Eve V yesterday looking for something to replace my very old notebook and my tablet.

First I planned to replace just the notebook I used for many years until now because it didn’t fit all the changing requirements anymore. When I bought it I needed a big notebook just like a desktop PC but for many desktops. I visited school those days and didn’t have to take it with me very often. Now I didn’t want to buy a gaming notebook (I mainly use it for office work) and there wasn’t a notebook fitting my needs perfectly - I guess that’s not possible but I expected better results in searching for the best device to me. Using my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition) again for preparing the next semster I realized it isn’t on top of current technics anymore, too. Although to me it was a little pioneer relating to the Stylus. But now it becomes slower and harder to use like it get’s older, combined with the fact that I more often need a notebook to take with me and work in university. So I started looking for a 2-in-1.

I really like the Microsoft Surface devices although I never owned one. I was just able to use them by testing in the different marketplaces. But it was too expensive. What I instantly loved about the Eve V is the fact that it is inspired by an active community already using such devices. It simply must be perfect for users. The lower price is a big factor too, especially to me as a student.

So, although joining late in the progress I hope to become a useful part of this project. Maybe with one of the best 2-in-1 devices in my hands one day…

Greetings, Ferdinand

Welcome Ferdinand, you will find a lot of information on this site !

Welcome Ferdinand (tho at first I did think Halle Berry had joined the community!)

I remember looking at the Galaxy 10.1 2014 edition just before I bought a cheapo Surface 3, as you say it was pretty pioneering in its time! You’ll love the V, but just bear in mind it’ll be windows and not android (important when it comes to apps!)

Hey Kee,

thanks for your response although I’m not Halle Berry :slight_smile:

You are right, the Galaxy Note uses Android. I forgot to tell that for a 2-in-1 device I need Windows 10 as operating system.

More and more Germans, great to have you here. Greetings from Black Forest…

Great to see some Germans here.
@dibadibadu why does everyone translate German regions into English? Schwarzwald is the right name so why not use it?
Edit: no one would say “Große Schlucht” (Grand Canyon) either… :wink:

You’re right but international it is black forest… The community guidelines want us to speak english and I love to use this community as my daily english trainer.

I wouldn’t even be able to name the English word for Halle (Saale)… :smiley: But some English training while talking about technics sounds good to me, too :slight_smile:

Welcome Ferdinand! Stay Tuned.