Greetings from Ber

Hey all,

I’m a software engineer always on the lookout for a new travel machine that doesn’t /suck/. I was considering the Surface Pro, but didn’t like the lack of thunderbolt. Sooooo Eve V it is for me! Just waiting for the next round of orders…

I’m trying to figure out how to build a matching external display for the Eve V, so create the “perfect” portable triple-display system. Ideally I’d like to match the styling and display specs of the Eve, but power off Thunderbolt – and support daisy-chaining up to two! We’ll see if I ever have the time to make it happen :wink:

First of all, welcome to the community!

Second, so something like PackedPixels’ thunderbolt monitors but for the V? That is quite appealing to me :slightly_smiling_face:

Basically, except that PackedPixels are 9.6" screens that you basically hang off the side of your laptop – which is tragic. I want to use the exact same panel as the V, as that would make for a much more usable setup IMO – especially if each had the same touch and pen capabilities that the main V display has.

I’m imagining being on an airplane with my V on the tray table and a second, sub-pound display in my hands with a pen – drawing and watching netflix over the in-flight wifi. :wink:

EDIT: Oh, and single-cable – whereas PackedPixels use two cables and can’t daisychain