Green flicker upper half of screen

Hi there,

Not sure what’s going on but lately the upper top half of my spectrum flickers green for a split second. Happens throughout the day at random intervals so it’s hard for me to capture it.

Has anyone else encountered this?

I am running firmware 101, settings are default, connected to a 3080 FTW3 HDMI port. Windows 10 pro.

Might have been bad GPU driver update. Did DDU to uninstall it all and fresh install drivers. Will let you folks know if green flicker continues.

Edit 3 days after DDU and no more issues. So it was indeed a bad install from NVidia’s driver update. My PC probably did something while it was trying to update and it messed up. All fixed now though.

If anyone runs into this issue.

Download DDU.
Boot into Safe mode.
Run DDU and select display drivers to uninstall
Let DDU do its thing.
Boot into normal mode.
Install fresh drivers.

I have a 3080 FTW3 as well but no issues like you described. How come you haven’t updated the monitor firmware?

I didn’t really need to, I wasn’t experiencing any issues and out of box solution visually was fine for me. Plus the whole disclaimer where the firmware could mess up my monitor (and I was too lazy to run the steps lol) put me off from updating.

Buuuut it turns out the nvidia drivers were just a bad install. After using DDU to uninstall the drivers and then reinstall them fresh fixed it. Haven’t experienced any green flicker anymore. 3 Days now and no more problems.

2 Likes