If people just ask the questions they want to ask, and keep from going off-topic, it’ll be quite easy to keep track of the questions, and who asked them. So that would be my advice!
Want to build a VESA arm mount for the V which just hold the V at the opened kickstand. Inserting only the kickstand into a dock allows the user to fit the angle and attach the keyboard when V is docked. Heat is no problem, its even better, because kickstand is always open.
Are the hinges of the kickstand strong enough for something like that???
If I ever visit Finland, can I meet your cat, and more importantly, will you cook me dinner?
Yes if you visit within next 4 month!
Would it be possible to get to see the localised chargers and/or keyboards (and eventual prototypes)?
Questions for the engineers:
- did you solved the headphone plugin noise?
- could the size of the usb connector could be widen to enable every usb device to fit ìn?
- what is the reason for the GPS chip to get no signal, what has to be changed?
- is there a chance maybe for the V2 of the V to enable easier maintenance of the V to open and exchange battery, ssd, display, eg. windows in the frame
+1 about the GPS issue… I would like more info and to know if it is possible to fix it with the new delay of 2-3 weeks ?
Thx a lot for your work
Why the next 4 months where are you heading?
I will take you up on that offer!
Jokes aside, a question for our great engineers:
- Which part was the most difficult to design on the V?
What is your overall impression of the V and the Project?
- Will it be technically possible to charge the V with a quality non USB-PD charger/Powerbank like an Anker PowerIQ Device 5V@3A. [[More Info]]
(USB-PD and V charging confusion)
- There are multiple technical questions about TDP: If it can harm other components if you use a higher TDP(Max). If this is (stress) tested. And until which point EVEs warranty covers this. [More Info]
- Will it be possible to include V PEN Tips in our Kickstarter Orders? Maybe even without packaging the tips since the V is already packaged. [[More Info]]
(Replacable pen tips are available now!)
Replacable pen tips are available now!
A few concerns & Questions - Remix OS, Design, Shipping & eGPU
Please confirm, that when charge reach 100%, V automatic switches to AC to preserve battery life.
At weekends will use the device for long hours connected to dock.
This has been previously confirmed:
There are some other places where prototypes did not have a battery correctly installed and powered up normally also confirming that a battery does not need to be present (i.e. battery is bypassed when plugged in).
UPDATE: We’ll be taking questions until Sunday, May 7th, 19:00UTC, so don’t hold back and be sure to get your question into this thread!
If this was answered somewhere else already I apologize, but have the battery charging issues been resolved? Has the cause of the problem been pinpointed?
This is the bug I’m referring to:
Also confirmed by kazenorin here:https://eve.community/t/kazenorins-one-simple-thing-light-gaming-dvt3-test-thread/6507/47?u=mtaki14&source_topic_id=6598
I’m wondering if the display will be HDR capable (dolby vision, hdr 10 etc.)?
- What are your current aging test mission profiles (Aka testing conditions / use cases applied)?
- What is the current results of battery life and under which mission Profiles (not from prototype testers, but from Eve’s current internal results)
- A @Konstantinos post mentionned about current work on battery life optimization :
What was done until now and what kind of room does remain for improvement?
- I have seen quite some benchmarks results (thanks to all testers ) for the i5 version. Anything similar for the i7 version?
Thanks a lot!
Thanks to everyone who submitted questions!
I will close this thread, and update it later when answers are available…