Goodix fingerprint scanner - not working

I’m having the same error code myself :frowning:

Yeah… i think most of our fingerprint scanner broke because of a windows update

Yes, I get that too (thanks everyone who helped me find the latest driver. Given that my fingerprint reader became gradually unreliable before it stopped working I do suspect a hardware fault.

So there is no real sensor fail.

Google shows recepies (for the courageous between us).

Mine refuses to work upon boot. But when you login, hit the on/off button and then wake the device again, it works.
Once the device needs to wake from a deep sleep, it refuses to work again…

I’d definitely say it’s a driver issue / Windows update incompatibility.

I have a faulty reader too - mine shows error 43.
I was not able to install any driver from the ms update catalog for Goodix, seems the firmware requires an oem driver.
Btw lol, i was not in the forums for 1/2 a year, reading the latest posts now - wow, what a deja vu, folks ordering systems in Dec still not have them and surprise, the same oddballs of die-hard fanboys still accuse the complainers of whining.
Seems Eve put on a Ponzi scheme by trying to cover the red numbers from the Indiegogo campaign with the sales that started last year - btw. before our units shipment - maybe they even needed that cash to ship the Indiegogo stuff …
Boy what sane person would still put up a fight for them?
Guys from EU, if you have reported this issue already and they did not solve it, there is a maximal duration per law in which they have to offer a solution - is 30 days for me, may be different for you. If its past that i recommend you to involve authorities and ideally open a case through the EU consumer protection portal against their Finnish company (for myself i participated in the Indiegogo campaign due their claims to be a Finnish company, their Chinese sister is just a fraud scheme to avoid legal issues if things go south).
If they wont solve the issue with the fingerprint i will do so exactly 31 days after i submitted my issue to them.
Hope they dont go into bankrupcy till then.

I am being asked by the support to reinstall the OS, i assume all that have the same issue were asked to do the same.
Did someone do it and what was the outcome?

Already tried and failed. If you still want to try I’d recommend backing up an image of your installation through a program like CloneZilla, which does it by a bit-for-bit clone of your installation and can therefore be restored after doing a fresh install if it doesn’t fix the fingerprint issue

Same here - I haven’t had time to do so yet - it’s a fairly long process and it’s not really a sufficiently important issue until I’ve got lots of time on my hands.

Im not happy to reinstall if it did not solve the issue by someone else who did, as that indicates a hw failure.
Im trying to download the image and will try to do the install in a virtual machine.

EVE support answered of one of my requests.

This solution did not work for me, but maybe for one of you?!

Here is a older driver version for the goodix fingerprint sensor:

https://evet1.sharepoint.com/:u:/s/EveTeam/EcqvIuI_xMNInB-EZEtMTjcBfuykua34x-OmQeUoZpNTiA?e=HIdxVX