Goodix fingerprint scanner - not working

What driver version are you using?

My Goodix driver is 1.0.20.600.

I gave up on the fingerprint reader a long, long time ago. I’m glad to see that you’re working on a fix and excited at the prospect of using it again! Thank you!

2 Likes

Still not working for me…
I cannot pass the fingerprint setup at all. Not detecting my fingerprint… :frowning:

Tried What some have suggested and now I don’t have the fingerprint option to choose from the 3 options at the login screen. This is one of many issues I’ve had with this laptop smh. Mines was working up until a few days ago. I don’t know if it was a Windows update that caused it but Windows just installed an update but the issue was beforehand. Although it only stopped working completely a few days ago it would not work sometimes ever since I got it. Mainly when I try to bring it from sleep mode. After logging in with my password the fingerprint sensor would work again. Sometimes a reboot is all that would fix it. Other times a complete shutdown and restart was needed

Not buying anything else from this company

2 Likes

Follow this thread Adic27: Quick update about drivers & firmware
And you will understand where we are on the sensor that is failing for everyone.

1 Like

Still not working . When it will fixed???

I’ve just realised that the fingerprint scanner on mine has stopped working recently too. I’ve tried all of the advice and multiple different versions of the Goodix fingerprint driver. At the moment I can only assume it’s a problem between the driver and Windows 10. Anyone else still sufferring from this problem or have any suggestions other than what’s on this thread?

So how do we fix it? If we delete the device upon rebooting the computer it’s simply reinstalls the existing driver and if I try and update the driver it tells me I have the most recent one. Please advise as I really want to use that fingerprint sensor again. It hasn’t worked for me and I know many people within the community for months

1 Like

This probably doesn’t make sense, but they managed to fix the same Goodix fingerprint sensor

Another issue with the V is the Intel SGX (Security Guard eXtension) isn’t exposed in the BIOS, because sometimes toggling SGX on and off would fix the problem.

5 Likes

Let’s try this then

Re: XPS 15 9570 finger print reader is not working properly
Problem solved. I reset the winsock by the command netsh winsock reset. Then once I restarted the laptop the fingerprint reader worked again. The question now is WHY?

1 Like

Anybody had success with the FP driver? When I try and update the fingerprint sensor, it tells me I have the most up to date driver 1.0.20.600 which is listed on the website as the newest version. However, the driver details list the date of 10/27/17 but the one on the website says that this version was released on 6/3/19. Anyone have any ideas?

1 Like

That’s the date Eve uploaded the driver, nothing to do with the release of the driver itself from the supplier. For example, if they suddenly found out that a 2016 driver would work better, then they probably would put it as the newest driver

1 Like

That still doesn’t help me install a working driver. If I delete it, it comes back with the existing driver that does not work. If I try updating the driver, it tells me I have the most recent version. I can’t be the only one who is experiencing this.

Same problem here. Fingerprint sensor has stopped working with 1804 update. I wonder if it’s working on the new ⛛s that were sent out during the recent flash sale, and what version those drivers are. I might get a chance to check up on that, since a colleague of mine bought hers a week ago, and it was delivered on Tuesday… tbc

1 Like

I’m also having problems with my Fingerprint reader. All was working fine and then the latest Windows update took me to Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1903 build 18356.1 and it refuses to work regardless of which version of the drivers I use.

It reports:
Driver Management concluded the process to install driver gfspi.inf_amd64_8b62587c4e55e598 for Device Instance ID ACPI\GXFP3200\4&FAB3205&0 with the following status: 0x0.
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I am guessing it want’s more up to date drivers, but neither windows update nor the manufacturers website offer anything, that helps. I have just tried the reset winsock method, highlighted above but to no avail.

Can anyone ask Goodix what the solution is?

Many thanks in advance.

4 Likes

Try uninstalling the device from Device Manager (uncheck the “Delete driver” checkbox) and restart the computer.

There is no solution so far. Everybody is affected.
We don’t know if Goodix is working on it. We don’t know if Eve is working on it.

So there is not much you can do.

1 Like

Can someone try the CyberLink Ultra HD Blu-ray Advisor to detect whether Intel SGX is available and enabled? I have suspicion that its because of SGX.

Just did. SGX is unavailable indeed.