Ghost Touches When coming out of Sleep

The ghost touches still happen even on windows 10 april update even if the V is not in sleep, just with the keyboard closed:

It’s unlikely to be a Windows issue, I think it’s a hardware issue.

So here are the guesses I have:

1. It’s a thing to do with he keyboard connector. Might be that the connection is discharging static and this is causing the touchscreen to register random touches. The only evidence I have to support this is that I recall a few pictures/videos where the touches are clustered in the lower middle part of the screen.

2. Someone mentioned the possibility that the spontaneously cracking screens are due to the screen bonding process. Could be that this is also causing the ghost touches - random stress on the mesh layer registering as touches.

3. Could just be a funky touchscreen.

Either way, nothing much that can be done on the user side. Bummer.

Well… i still rarely get ghost touches… even thought they durasticly improved after the diver updates.

Yep. you’ve already said that multiple times and i totally agree. keyboard is at fault.

I don’t know if it is already mentioned here but I have noticed that if I connect dock and external display then close the lid (V goes to sleep mode) then I press external keyboard’s button (or press V’s power button) V goes to active mode and I can see tons of ghost touches.

So using closed V with two ext. displays is impossible.

Interesting is that when V is in closed state, then it is impossible to put it into sleep (using power button or windows start menu). It keeps to showing lock (login) screen. Altouhgt if there is lock screen, and I open and close lid, V goes to sleep perfectly.

Also if I close V then unplug dock, V wakes up and never goes to sleep again until opened and then closed.

Ever since I followed the steps put out by Eve Team I’ve only had them occur maybe three times over (maybe) 2 months, however I do keep a smal microfiber cloth in between when I close my V.

Can Eve not make a setting that allows for the touchscreen to be disabled temporarily when we want to close our V? Like an additional “closed” mode, where screen is off, keyboard is off, apps are paused

Shh, I just like to keep heaping blame on the keyboard guys. All the mental anguish caused by the shift buttons, y’know.

Also, I guess the new thing I had to add was that it occurred to me that maybe whatever is/was causing the spontaneous cracking might also be causing the ghost touches.

If the glass is bonded to the touchscreen mesh layer and there is some kind of stress on the glass, that might be a factor.

Not sure if I’ve said that before. Old age and stuff. Lol.

Hey there, I was having these same problems sporadically and while having to reset to get rid of the ghost touches was annoying, my main issue was the V waking up and drinking battery/slow cooking itself when it was supposed to be sleeping. I even changed the setting so that EVERY input, power button, lid close and idle result in hibernation yet I still had constant random wake problems.

I dug around a windows forum for a while and tried a suggestion regarding wake timers that apparently got messed up on the surface with some update. I haven’t had a single wake since, albeit everything is still set to hibernate, but without the waking while shut, I also haven’t had a single ghost touch issue since I disabled the wake timer.

I don’t think this actually fixes the ghost touch issue, but I think it greatly reduces the circumstances that result in having ghost touches on your screen. It might not help everyone but it clearly solved the majority of my problems.

Instructions in this link https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/63070-enable-disable-wake-timers-windows-10-a.html

Hey @Team , would be a good idea to have a look at what Josc just added, it really seems to help.