German Layout and coding on Eve V

i planned to get a surface(book) or a surface pro for a new school. I have 2 questions, maybe somebody of you can answer it:

1. Is the hardware of the i7 is strong enough for coding on visual studio or net beans?

2. Will there be a german keyboard layout (qwertz) or is it possible to connect a german surface keyboard?`

thank you all :slight_smile:

AFAIK the V should be powerful enough for most coding (even the m3 i guess).

A german V keyboard was already available for backers, so i guess they’ll have this option also in the store later.

Unfortunately the Surface Keyboard is not compatible with the V.

Hope that helps you. :slight_smile:

wow, nice. So hopefully i get one until september/october.

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Hi @Andreas_Herbst! :slight_smile:

I was using the Core m3 version in the first prototype iteration with an m3 for coding and that was more than powerful enough for coding :slight_smile:

As for the keyboard layouts: As @And mentioned, we’re offering a full german QWERTZ layout, however the Surface Keyboard is not compatible with the V, and the V keyboard is not phyiscally compatible with the Surface (you can connect the V keyboard to the Surface via Bluetooth 'though.)

Thank you :slight_smile:

Do you think its possible to get one till autumn?

Normally sales would start after the first batch from indiegogo is delivered. It was estimated that those would be ready for shipping the 14th of July. I would say that you can expect them to go on sale at the end of July or August.

@iKirin When you were using the m3 version in the prototype, what type of coding was tested? the m3 has a much lower base clock than what most IDEs recommend (VS being 1.6, Eclipse 1.4, etc), I wonder how the V would handle light coding (3000 lines or less) in these IDEs?