First review of Production model on Youtube?

Found this, which highlights something that may be a big issue for some folk.

4 Likes

Thanks for putting in the right place @ReignDespair !

2 Likes

hopefully the HDR gets a firmware update to help xbox and ps5 recognize the monitor better.

1 Like

Wasn’t it stated in aanother post that this isn’t an issue for most ppl?

2 Likes

Hi

I have also ordered Spectrum 4k monitor and I have LG GP950 monitor as well.

In LG monitor I get the same message when calibrating if HDR is not selected in video mode. Its good to check the settings in video mode. Hope its not an issue with monitor.

Thanks
Badri M

1 Like

on his channel in the comments he said that he is not sure on how to do the firmware update.

2 Likes

I pinged him on twitter, and he said he’s already on the latest firmware ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

so he has the lastest firmware and is still having hdr issues correct?

1 Like

AFAIK, Yes.

2 Likes

maybe needs to enter game mode for xbox to recognize the monitor or try out windows HDR in display settings.

1 Like

Our prototype testers have not reported this particular issue when testing with next-gen consoles, so we don’t expect this to be a prevalent issue. Even so, we are investigating the situation with our firmware team.

7 Likes

More people are having the HDR issue with the Xbox. In this thread It is Real and more than worth it so far. - #4 Javild mentions going to the YCC 4:2:2 setting. That’s a quality downgrade? Would definitely be interested with what the hardware/firmware team come back with.

1 Like

This issue doesn’t seem to affect all units, and is a bit strange as it still does allow you to use all features except HDR calibration. We’re currently looking into this problem, and will be checking with the Xbox as it might be a new requirement just as the PS5 has, but a point to consider is that by enabling that setting, you’re only “allowing” the Xbox to use it when necessary, and switch automatically from it, so it might not necessarily be using it.

3 Likes

@Javild said in the post “It seems the Xbox might require you to enable YCC 4:2:2 before it will allow you to use HDR. Please try enabling that to see if it works”.

a user replied
“Did the trick, and it works.
Thank you”.

2 Likes

Hi! That’s my video.
After enabling YCC 4:2:2, I could finally get HDR calibration to work on the Xbox.
But the issue is that, the “whites” are too bright. So bright in fact, that during calibration where it asks you to adjust “dark” or “light” until you see a photo in the box, I don’t see the photo regardless if I move it alll the day to “dark” or all the way to “light”.

Same issue in my ps5. During calibration, I cannot see the test photo. During the adjustment of the black levels, I can clearly see the photo. But during the adjustment of the “white”, I cannot.

My tweet was a mistake. I double checked and I’m on version 101, not 102. From my understanding, 102 fixes the “too bright” issue during calibration.

But the thing is, I don’t have a PC and no one I know has a PC. Since the update tool is pc only, I cannot update to 102.

The team at EVE said they are working on it. And if nothing works, an already updated replacement will be sent.

7 Likes

Thank you for coming here and telling us!

3 Likes

Nice to see you here to provide updates for your problem as one of the First who is using the Monitor. I like that you didn’t made a „fire and forget“ review :grin::+1:

3 Likes

Optimium Tech also released their review of EVE Spectrum 4K 144hz model

7 Likes

Okay okay. Well I just want mine