Firmware updates

Have you read the banner?

is currently on hold.

Nah the title just means that the member was placed in a special group in a forum. One gets there by being active and productive at a time. But that doesn’t mean Senior Creators read all topics and know everything. It doesn’t even mean they’re active at the very moment, I believe some haven’t been on the forums in ages.

Also I just checked for me personally: In the last month I’ve written 3 comments. I’ve still been reading but only skimming many threads, especially the complaining ones. There’s nothing for me to say there and I’m simply not going to waste my time on it.

What about reading the posts before crying foul play? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes I have , currently on hold as you stated. It was an example but probably you don’t get the argument as well as @AML doesn’t. So to cut to the chase, based on what I have read , maybe I am wrong and you know more, the company is working and haven’t declared bankruptcy. All the core functionalities should be performed, such as shipping devices, firmware updates, respond to the support tickets etc. If this doesn’t make sense to you then probably we have a different concept of how businesses run…

The company is running like clintons secretaries ^^

Not fast enough and is s d

Thank you for the “I was wrong but that does not matter because I’ve big problems you don’t understand” message. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You are welcome! Personally I don’t have any problems maybe you have and you are seeing problems to other people. :wink:

If Eve can’t update perhaps they should find another line of business. Computers MUST be updated with relevant firmware and software or else it’s just a POS.

I’ve got a well working V here as my daily driver in business. it even works with 1804 Windows 10 April update now. I don’t miss any updates and if there is a problem I had good search and try- success here in the community. But maybe you’re right and I am lying in the sun at the beach of your pessimists ocean… getting maybe sunburned soon…

From what is going on here, you are one of the few without problems. I wish you continued success. My only problem is with the color driver changing to uncorrected now and then. This is a very common problem reported here. A good company would have addressed this looong ago. And please don’t tell me it’s not Eve’s fault. It is up to them to fix this just like all the big boys do, or just get out of the way. As for me, a Surface Pro would have been a wise and faster, more reliable choice. It may cost more, but it is supported. That’s more important than saving a couple hundred bucks on a major purchase. At this point I don’t expect ANYTHING from Eve. Lesson learned.

…did someone ask for @TheBestPessimist ?

I totally agree on this, the Firmware is still somewhat Buggy (ghost touch, sleep battery drain, etc.) and have gone almost a full year without any updates.

I hate to be telling this as a Senior Creator, but almost a year after release and we still have the same bugs that we had on day one. I want to recommend this product, the hardware is fantastic, but I simply cant recommend a product that has 50/50 chance of getting depleted battery after sleep.

As there was - over a long time - no news from @Team regarding the promised BIOS fixex: could you say something to this? I know you’ve got to fight with financial problems, but as they seem to be solved, please find the time for a comment on this.

don’t forget the goodix fingerprint issue

Hey,
I am enjoying my V too, and everything is working well and as I had expected.

Is that you over there a little way on the same beach?

You can join me here if you want, specially if you’re getting a little too burnt from the pessimism suns rays.

I’ve got a spare set of beach umbrellas, as well as some gorgeous girls who are rubbing sun screen lotion on me every now and then. Oh I’ve also got an extra crate of cold beer, it’s all too much me to drink by myself.

There is one condition though.
Just don’t tell @Wickedly about this spot please. image

@Team, would appreciate some update on this as well!

Is @Xinjie still with Eve? Any chance of an update from him?

Does anyone from Eve still visit the forums? The weekly update is usually just the post and then they disappear. I haven’t seen any active participation from anyone from Eve in weeks…

They’re working, alright?

Thats just it. It’s just the weekly update and then they disappear. Firmware updates are not related to their issues with shipping new V’s. It’s a support issue and some member of the support team or moderator team should chime in here.

@nawthor just noticed you’re the Community Manager for Eve. Is there any way to get an answer on issue of firmware updates or if there are at least any plans for new releases?