@Artur huge amount of great questions here! Let me answer all of them one by one
1) We could make a 1080p option and we will be discussing it after we come back from China but here is THE THING high resolution and battery performance is bulls@#t invented by big brands that have bad screens. In their marketing they keep saying that lower resolution means better battery life. It's true but it is the thing that least affects the battery. Things like brightness of the screen and CPU are much more important. So in fact its yet another marketing lie. Its all about drivers that screen has they are defining its efficiency. There are some cases when higher resolution screen have lower power consumption than lower resolution ones. To sum it up, best in class battery is our goal and screen resolution is not related to it
2) This is amazing guys that you are ahead of the curve but to be frank it is not realistic. Intel very often delays their chips. According to my knowledge Kaby Lake will come to the market next September and first devices with Kaby lake could ship January 2018. So it is very far away and we have time to make another PF
When Intel announces chip it takes atleast 8 month for it to actually come to market as with the announcement they provide reference designs that are later used to create various devices.
3) External GPU all the way
4) As for the RAM to be frank we don't want to scam users. I had Surface Pro 4 with 4GB RAM and M3. CPU performance was fine but RAM was absolutely not enough. I would constantly run out of it. Even when sharing screen in Skype
Our idea is that when you buy Eve device you would not experience basic performance issues with it and it would work as smooth as you would expect from a flagship!
5) We are now trying to reach Wacom Well you know those guys from Japan are very conservative
6) Absolutely, we will make couple of options for SSD capacities
7) The more we can get the better!!!! As we don't aim to be the slimmest I think we will be able to do that Lets show Apple Fanboys what community driven team can achieve
8) Great point Artur. @Mike will start new features discussion soon so you could share your ideas there.
9) There definitely will be a rear camera but it wont be the best. As without rear camera device would look a bit odd and after all we need to take a picture with it from time to time.
10) B&O now work with HP and to be frank sound quality is terrible. Its brand licencing gone wrong @Artur, do you have any other great ideas for good sound partners?
11) Aaaah that one:) I think it's actually called switch hall:) That's a sensor that automatically turns on and off the device screen when you remove flip cover. Like in some smartphones
12) Man, I hear you! I am an audiophile as well. DAC port and a separate sound card are ideas I love! Please don't forget to include these ideas to new features thread about to go live soon. A;so maybe you could start a separate poll about it? You are really good with those
13) It will come with a torrent link and a kygen . Kidding! We will know more after China but we will aim for it. It would be great to know why exactly you are interested in PRO in particular.
14) Awesome solution that might be technically hard. We will try our best to see how it an be done.
15) It wouldn't be possible without you guys!