Eve, as a new and young company just entering the industry, follows the industrial normal quality standard for most components.
Dead pixels are an issue that cannot be 100% eliminated in the current common production process.
Therefore, some of the display panels shipped to Eve come with dead pixel(s). Eve and its agent will inspect the quality of EVERY penal when in-bounding, during assembling, and after production.
Below is the quality standard for dead pixel used by Eve, the supplier, the manufacturer, and the 3rd-party QC company. This standard is also used for consumer warranty case inspections.
1 mm within the display area, as shown in the following picture
*Only dead pixels in applicable area count
Dead pixel type:
- Single-dead-pixel dot (each count as 1 dead pixel)
- Two-joined-dead-pixel dot (each count as 2 dead pixel)
- Three-joined-dead-pixel dot (each count as 3 dead pixels)
- Four-or-more-joined-dead-pixel dot
Maximum dead pixels allowed
- Maximum Single-dead-pixel dot allowed: 5
- Maximum Two-joined-dead-pixel dot allowed: 2
- Maximum Three-joined-dead-pixel dot allowed: 1
- Four-or-more joined-dead-pixel dot: 0
- Maximum total number of dead pixels: 5
Pass : a panel has 1 Single-dead-pixel dot
Pass : a panel has 2 Two-joined-dead-pixel dots
Pass : a panel has 1 Single-dead-pixel dot and 1 Two-joined-dead-pixel dot in applicable area
Pass : a panel has 1 Single-dead-pixel dot and 2 Three-joined-dead-pixel dots in applicable area
Pass : a panel has 2 Three-joined-dead-pixel dots in non-applicable area
Failed : a panel has 2 Three-joined-dead-pixel dots in in applicable area
Failed : a panel has 1 Four-or-more joined-dead-pixel dot in applicable area
Failed : a panel has 4 Single-dead-pixel dots and 1 Two-joined-dead-pixel dot in applicable area
Failed : a panel has 1 Single-dead-pixel dot, 1 Two-joined-dead-pixel dot, and 1 Three-joined-dead-pixel dot in applicable area.