[FAQ] Guide to buying a V

v
official
webshop
howto

About the flash sale

This post is part of a series of articles about the flash sale for the V. Find other articles and relevant information here:

• Find out which store applies to your country here.
  • Purchases made through the international store will be in US dollars, and carry a 1-year warranty. You can find the full warranty terms here.
  • Purchases made through the EU store will be in euros, and will carry a 2-year warranty. You can find the full warranty terms here.
  • Have trouble paying with your credit card? Have a look at this useful article!

Quick troubleshooting

• If you can’t log into your store account, be sure to select the right region from the menu at the top right.
  • If you can’t find your country in the shipping address list, you may have created your account for the wrong region. In this case, you will need to go to the right region and create a new account.
  • Be sure to select your chosen accessories during the order process. You can not add them later, unless you restart the order process! During the flash sale, it will not be possible to order accessories alone.

(Not so quick) guide to buying a V quickly

Preparation

• Make sure you have sufficient balance
    Before any purchase, it’s good to know you can pay for it. Check your credit card or PayPal balance ahead of time to make sure you don’t run into any surprises during check-out.
  • Clear big purchases with your bank beforehand
    If you don’t make a lot of big purchases with your credit card, a sudden big spend can cause your bank to hold the payment. They do this to ensure nothing weird happens with your money, but it can be a pain when you’re trying to buy an awesome new device! You can call your bank beforehand and let them know that you’ll be making a big payment, that way their security systems won’t block your card.
  • Set up your account in the web shop
    Our web shop requires an account to make a purchase. It is important to note, that this is separate from your account on eve.community! By creating it ahead of time, you can already enter your shipping and billing address, which will save you time during the flash sale. Check the summary below for instructions on how to set up your account:
  • Mentally prepare for the launch
    You’re all set! Now you can go to the EU page or go to the international page and stare at the countdown timer until the flash sale starts!
Summary: setting up a store account

You can find some important buttons at the top right of the product page.

Click here to select your region. This is important because the regions do not share accounts, and choosing the wrong one will not let you select your country for shipping. If your country is part of the European Union, select ‘Europe (EUR)’. If your country is shown in the list, pick your country. Else, pick ‘International (USD)’

41 copy
Click here to go to the login page.

You will then be able to log in if you’ve already created your account, or click ‘Create an account?’ to create a new account.

Start by clicking ‘Edit Account Info’.

‘Add a new address’ allows you to set up your shipping address.

41 copy
You can navigate through your account information with this button.

41 copy 2
This button will take you back to your shopping cart if you get lost during the order process.

Order

Further reading

• Decide which V fits your computing needs and/or budget
    It helps to know what you’re shopping for, so which V is the right fit for you? It really depends on what you plan to do with your device! If you know your tech and just want the product specifications, they can be found here. If you need a short description of what to expect from the various models, have a look at the summary below:
  • Decide which keyboard layout is right for you
    When buying a computer in your local store, it is very likely that every device has the keyboard layout appropriate for your region. Since our store is international we can not offer that convenience, so you’ll have to pick the right keyboard for your needs! You can find an overview of the available keyboard layouts in this post.
Summary: use case examples

Office use:
If you’re looking to use it for office work or content consumption, you will notice no difference between the three models. So if that’s all you need, you can save a bunch of money and choose the m3!

Very heavy Excel sheets with thousands of lines with references and formulas may benefit from the extra processing power of the i5 or i7.

If you are into having tens of tabs open at once in Chrome or other heavy multi-tasking, you may benefit from the i5 and i7 models with 16GB of RAM.

Gaming:
In gaming the i5 and i7 models have a slight performance advantage, though all three models will only lend themselves for entry-level gaming or heavily optimised titles like eSports games. The improved performance of the higher-end models may allow for some extra eye-candy in the games that would run well on the m3, but the i7 model won’t make a game that runs badly on the m3 suddenly run like a charm.

We were able to run titles such as Factorio and Overwatch at the lowest settings with playable performance. Diablo III, League of Legends, Ori and the Blind Forest and Starcraft II all ran without any issues.

The Thunderbolt 3 port allows you to connect an external graphics adapter (sold separately) which will greatly increase the performance in gaming. It will still not match a purpose-built gaming machine, but it will be able to run even some triple-A titles at high settings.

Content creation:
In content creation like photo and video editing, the i5 will see a performance improvement of up to about 20%, and up to another 11% on top of that for the i7 model. The i5 and i7 models with 16GB of RAM will also have an advantage here.

Storage:
This is the easiest choice to make: How much space do you need to hold all the files you want to carry with you on the go? Choose a device with at least that capacity!

Price:
We understand that budget is also an important factor.
Click here to see the prices for the V in the European Union.
Click here to see the prices for the V in the rest of the world.
Please keep in mind that shipping fees will apply, so remember to take them into account when determining your budget, as well as any accessories you plan to purchase!

Community Digest 11.12
Community Digest 15.12
[FAQ] How to make a payment with credit card on PayPal (even without Paypal account)

Many thanks for this Helios but no sign of the $50 discount code for those already store-registered. Maybe it’ll come JUST before the launch but for e-mail this is cutting it fine…?

Hi, I’m waiting for the $50 discount code too…

Same here :frowning:
Hope it will make it in time!
F.

Looking forward for discount code…::smiley:

So we have 2 pay for shipping and for example a german version of the keyboard?

Yes you do

Received code now… many thanks.
I should add that, given that the transmission method is e-mail, they won’t all arrive at exactly the same time for everyone… much like courier deliveries. :wink:

internet don’t fail me! I’m gonna cry so hard if I can’t secure the 1 I want :joy:

Code received, thanks!

@Helios So, for Switzerland I should choose the International store?

Thanks

is there free shipping? @Team

No free shipping option

my Code just arrived and i suppose everyone hase the same code well wish you all luck in 16 min. i try to get a i7 with 512GB ^^

guys start to SPAM F5!

Wait… No delivery to North Korea? :wink:

Is the Power charger Form Germany in the Box?

Quick question: What format of power adapter is included? Is it selectable?

F*CK! $140 dollars for the only shipping option. dam and i still will have to wait til january to get my V

m3 sold out already? What?