Eve V vs. Competition!

When we’re talking about phones, yes. But this is not a phone. There are no Intel processors that have audio integrated… Plus, the term is still very inaccurate because an amplifier just can’t be used for anything else in computers by its nature.
@Julio_Victorin they did promise a 512GB version, so it wouldn’t make sense to ship i7 with 256GB. Because then a lower-end model would have more storage, which pretty much eliminates the price difference. Naturally, the model with weaker CPU should be cheaper :slight_smile:

Hummm, why not :confused:? This is all the surface variants, I’ve hope still… Way cheaper tho :grin:

Please don’t compare Microsoft (millions of workers) and Eve (~30 workers). Completely different things. Eve can only afford having 3 different models. IF they decide to have the i7 model with 256GB, then they will have to put that 512GB option together with i5. That just doesn’t make any sense…

Let them tell us what they can afford or not… We’ll know soon enough :wink:

They already told us… I think in this thread:
http://eve.community/t/preorders-on-indie-go-go-around-the-corner-its-time-to-hear-what-you-think/1533

Edit: they might have 4, or maybe even 5 configurations, but even in such case…
http://eve.community/t/preorders-on-indie-go-go-around-the-corner-its-time-to-hear-what-you-think/1533/4
In this poll, the config you want is in the 5th place, but there is no M3 variant above it. So even if they somehow manage to make 5 different models, they will have to make at least one config with M3 and then make the top 4 configs from top. Which still doesn’t reach i7/16GB/256GB… I’m sorry but the chances aren’t big :confused:

Can someone compare Acer Spin 5 and the Eve V?

Here’s how the V is better than the Lenovo Miix 510.

1. Higher resolution screen: 1920x1200 vs 2736x1824 IGZO display
  2. Approx 50% brighter screen: 320 nits vs 450nits
  3. V has an anti reflective coating
  4. Higher screen contrast ratio: 934:1 vs 1400:1
  5. Base model of Eve V has 8GB RAM vs 4GB RAM.
  6. MicroSD card slot vs none.
  7. Twice as many USB A and C ports.
  8. Thunderbolt 3 port
  9. Better GPU: HD 520vs HD 615(+eGPU)
  10. Dedicated headphone jack amplifier
  11. Quad 1W speakers vs stereo speakers
  12. Bluetooth 4.2 offers up to 10 times better signal strengh, coverage and speed than 4.1, so imagine how it’ll perform compared to 4.0
  13. Far superior battery life (39Wh vs 48Wh with smart power management and custom algorithms).
  14. Best in class trackpad.
  15. RGB backlit keyboard vs optional backlight for keyboard.
  16. Can pick a colour of your choosing, for a premium Alcantara keyboard (optional)
  17. Keyboard has character(unique “V” key and “oops!” for backspace) (pun intended)
  18. Wireless keyboard that can connect with multiple devices.
  19. Fingerprint sensor embedded in the power button.
  20. GPS
  21. Thinner: 8.9mm vs 9.9mm

At this point, I decided that the Miix 510 just isn’t competition anymore.
And we don’t even know the price of the Eve V.

After writing this post, I’m proud of what we’ve achieved, and this endeavor shows how the world can be changed when people team up for a noble cause: the rejuvenation of the tech industry.

Which specification do you recommend for college?

M3/128GB/4GB
(especially the 4gb ram)
Is this enough for College (university) (physics student)

Here’s how the V is better than the Acer Spin 5.

1. Higher resolution screen: 1920x1080 vs 2736x1824 IGZO display
  2. BRIGHTER screen: 180nits vs 450nits
  3. V has an anti reflective coating
  4. More USB ports. This is a sleek 8.9mm device, and it has more ports than a laptop…
  5. Thunderbolt 3 port
  6. USB C fast charging
  7. Better GPU: HD 520vs HD 615(+eGPU)
  8. Dedicated headphone jack amplifier
  9. Quad 1W speakers
  10. Bluetooth 4.2 offers up to 10 times better signal strengh, coverage and speed than 4.1
  11. Superior battery life (with smart power management and custom algorithms).
  12. CNC Aluminium body
  13. Best in class trackpad.
  14. Detachable keyboard(2in1 form factor)
  15. RGB backlit keyboard vs backlit keyboard.
  16. Can pick a colour of your choosing, for a premium Alcantara keyboard (optional)
  17. Keyboard has character(unique “V” key and “oops!” for backspace) (pun intended)
  18. Wireless keyboard that can connect with multiple devices.
  19. Fingerprint sensor embedded in the power button.
  20. GPS
  21. No bloatware
  22. 4G

After writing these comparisons, I’m beginning to wonder whether Eve will usher in a new era of computing, one where users can get amazing performance for an affordable price…

I would recommend i5/128GB/8Gb ram.
But it depends on what programs you are trying to run your machine.
If you going to use CAD software go for i7/16GB.

There won’t be a 4GB option, only 8GB. As a physics student you might want to do some calculations on that tablet, so I’d recommend getting the i5 model. 128GB is alright for Windows, but don’t expect to have many apps or movies loaded there. Once you install Microsoft Office, one or two CAD programs, there is not much space left for downloads. Especially after you install a bunch of updates. So, whatever fits your budget :slight_smile:

Yeah seems like we have to shoot up a post about it soon :smiley:

Hello! Welcome to the community! :slight_smile:

May I inquire your source for this information? :slight_smile:

Hi Julio!

We realized we did not confirm the different models we’re going to offer - as @Mike mentioned we’ll shoot up a thread about it soon!

Thank you guys! :+1:

Hopefully that information will come with pricing information! Just a little over a week to go till Indiegogo :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m pretty sure that they have said exact pricing information won’t be disclosed until actual launch day.

does EVE also has palm rejection like surface?

Yup, that’s built into the N-Trig digitizer. I can’t even imagine how painful it would be to use the pen without palm rejection :slight_smile:

is it possible to exchange my dell xps 13 for a new EVE V ??? :smiley: :blush: