EVE V gaming performance [enquiry]

That’s awesome man! Btw which model of eGPU did you use?

Actually not very surprising, even a Pentium does 4k almost as good as other CPUs.

Hey,

I’m currently using Akitio Node,but If you can get your hands on a Razer Core V2 that would definitely be better.

All the best

not worth. Razer Core = 200 more for 4x usb ports, ethernet and RGB. and it doesn’t even have a dedicated connection for the extras so they take up the bandwidth on your TB3.

The V2 has a dedicated TB3 connection for the extras, in addition the Razer core V2 will allow you to use the eGPU and charge your Eve using 1 port. Where as In my case I use the TB3 for the eGPU and charge my Eve using the USB - C.

Hey,

what are you guys thinking about emulator gaming? I mean older emulators for SNES, Playstation 1 oder SEGA systems. I always loved those old games and wanted to play them while on the go. The solution with an external graphic core doesn’t fit in my use case. I can’t build up my whole setup in a train. xD

Is it possible to play these games on the EVE? Since some emulators can be quite demanding like the dolphin one for gamecube games, I’m a bit worried to be honest how far “light” demanding games go.

I dont really use emulators, I will give it a try and let you know. If you can share with me the sites to download the games for the emulators that would be great.

Thanks

How necessary would it be for me to need an eGPU for a game recommending these specs:
RECOMMENDED:
Processor: 5th Generation Intel i5 CPU or equivalent
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Geforce 750 Ti or equivalent with 4GB of video RAM
Storage: 6 GB available space

absolutely necessary, sorry…
You should also take into account that in this case, the V’s Y-series CPU will very likely be a bottleneck :wink:

When i play games with my egpu gtx1060… my V is on fire!:fire:

Literally on fire.

What game needs a 5th Gen i5, a 750Ti and only takes up 6gb? Physics, Sunshafts, & Particles tycoon?

I’ve been playing vermintide 2 and my cpu has been sitting happily at 75 degrees.

Sorry forgot to get back to you,
Tried one of my favorite RPGs on PS1 “legends of dragoon” works great. Hope I’ll manage to finish it this time 26 years later

I don’t think it will be necessary as in this case the gpu enclosure will be of high cost compared to the gpu.

Unless you plan to use a better gpu to be future proof.

Try updating your drivers or playing away from your stove xP…

I’m not sure why, but that’s not the case for me.

Thanks for the reply bud. I have been contemplating getting the eGPU but wanted to see the limitations of the device and get used to it first. This is all good information to have so thanks again.

You are most welcome,

You can check my post as well for performance expectations:

All the best

Pubg + overwatch + benchmark

The link doesn’t seem to the link to the eve tech community pages doesn’t work,

Hi there, for some reason that thread doesnt seem to work, but the video and image linked are all you need from my side which are working

The link works, but the article is in the archive and acces to it is restricted.