Eve V Final Hardware Specifications

Thanks Marv
Might wait then.

Checked Lebedev - USD 500 per kilo. Excellent

While I completely agree with the function of what you suggest, the opinion you states dependa on the definition of “good design”.

We told other members here what we would have to sacrifice and they chose a non-removable battery.

I tend to think myself as a halfway design/function guy and I do think we would have needed to make a lot of sacrifices to the design to make the battery removable. However the most limiting factor is that since we are a small player, we could not afford to design a custom battery.

However if we ever do have such an option available, we’ll make it happen :wink:

How much does it weight? :wink:

Actually, I believe the price for these CPUs is different. You shouldn’t rely on ark.intel.com, as their prices are often misleading, especially for mobile processors. But yeah, I believe that 100Eur should cover the price difference. A 2.5" 256GB SSD costs 60Eur, so I imagine the difference between a 128GB and 256GB M.2 SSD should be under 50Eur, and then another 50Eur for the processor… seems pretty fair, although I’d expect more like 150Eur difference because they also need to keep the margins right (same or similar percentage for all configs) and we don’t really know how much more the CPU costs.

What do you mean by “burnt in over 24”?

I believe he meant left on for 24 hours

@Rumpelstilzchen and @pauliunas

We have very strict NDAs with Intel regarding pricing but all I can say is that i5 is substantially more expensive than m3 and i7 is :money_mouth:

huh? that’s super duper weird… Wait, does that mean that i7 model will be cheaper than i5 model? XD

i7 CPU is > :money_mouth: than i5 which is > :money_mouth: than m3
And the difference is > than :v:. of the one you mentioned in your previous message

I hope I didnt break any NDA with my Emojis :sunglasses: We need to implement anonymous post function :smiley:

Haha, in a perfect world.
My question is both the m3 and i5 have identical Tpd up power values (1.6 Mhz). So why would be the difference between the two in such a scenario?
Or am I missing something?
The max turbo frequency would still be lower…

Actually @shakeyhome , their base frequencies and turbo frequencies are quite different. Also, GPU has slightly different clock speeds.
See the full comparison here: http://ark.intel.com/compare/95441,95449,95452

I mean that the machines run a test programme for 24 - 36 hours. Usually the faulty ones break down then.

Ah, well I suppose Eve will do that. They have explained earlier that they’re serious about testing things :slight_smile:

Aaaah you mean the stress test! Like basically putting the device run super demanding task non-stop in a hot room. Yeah we do it! Not to all devices thou as this is to ensure that there are no endemic problems. You dont want to receive a device that has spent 36 hours in an oven :smiley:

Not unless it’s slow cooked pork :stuck_out_tongue:

I like it well done
Ok. That is sit down comedy of the worst kind.
The devil made me do it

3.1 kg apparently - as per their own website.

I just noticed that now when looking through the post pictures again! Hadn’t seen it before, glad someone else appreciates it too :slight_smile: :small_red_triangle_down: !

Oh yes. Excellent move.
I likes a lot

Have you discussed price of V. I’m very curious to see what kind of price this will have and to see how well you can compete with SP4. I’m reading a lot of articles that say 900 for the base model.