Eve V | Balance Payment Information

vatb

Hey community,

With the scheduled release date for the new V drawing close, we’re dotting i’s and crossing t’s in preparation for mass-production. It also means we need to get ready to ship, and before we can do that we’ll need to discuss balance payments. As we have done before for Project: Spectrum, we’re publishing information about the process ahead of time so everyone can hit the ground running!

Communication

To reduce the chance of customers missing out on any important information, and to ensure that you have the possibility to gather your funds before you enter the flow and complete the payment, we’ve started communication about balance payment collection ahead of time. In addition to this, we also provide customers with all the relevant updates via our client-only newsletter.

Prompt to pay

We kick off the balance payment collection for all second-gen V models at the same time. Our customer support agents will send you an individual prompt-to-pay email. The link within the invitation will give you access to the dedicated balance payment flow. From there on, you’ll be able to review your order and check out your V at the preferential price point you reserved it at. Your order is now officially confirmed, and we manufacture and ship your V!

IMPORTANT! Keep your link safe. Please don’t share your personal link with others as it’s tied to your specific order and the payment can be fulfilled only once (afterwards your link will expire). If someone else checks out with your link, you’ll lose your order and respectively the $300 down payment.

To avoid unnecessary delays, we recommend readying the funds ahead of the scheduled shipping date and responding to our prompt-to-pay invitation as soon as you can. There is no need to stress - we’ll leave enough time in-between the steps of the process for you to act.

First come, first serve

To make it fair and transparent to all, we follow a ‘first come, first serve’ principle for shipping the V. After reaching out to the full customer base with prompts to pay, we will prioritize shipping the units that are paid for first. You can still choose to wait for third-party reviews – that simply means that you’ll get your device later than people who paid before you.

Assembling your V

All pre-order customers have reserved their V with a $300 down payment. Now that we are preparing for mass production, we need to order your V to be made by our manufacturing partner. For that, we require you to complete the outstanding amount of your order. Once you complete the payment and later receive the shipping note, your V payment will no longer be refundable as by that time, we will have used it to assemble and ship your device. If you change your mind after you’ve paid for your V in full and have received your shipping notice, you’ll have to follow our official return policy.

Shipping

Shipping is done by air directly from Hong Kong to your address. The final shipping fee is heavily dependent on the country of destination and may be subject to change over time. The COVID-19 crisis still heavily impacts the global logistics landscape; making shipping costs extremely volatile. We are continuously doing our best to secure the best shipping cost for you. Because of this, shipping costs are shown as they apply to your specific order at checkout.

You can fill in your shipping address during checkout. If your situation changes before the V ships, please contact our customer support team.

Payment info

Currently, we support credit and debit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express) as well as Apple Pay. You can (but don’t have to) use the same payment method you used when you placed your reservation. We have taken note of your requests to add more payment methods like PayPal or Klarna. While we’re working on securing more options for your convenience, we won’t be able to offer more payment methods until after the V starts shipping.

The currency used to process your final balance payment will either be Euros or US Dollars, based on your region: Orders from the European Union, Norway, Switzerland, and the UK, will be processed in Euros. Orders from the rest of the world will be processed in US Dollars. It is not possible to make changes to this on a per-order basis.

Taxes and duties such as value-added tax (VAT) or import fees vary per region. At this time, we have arranged taxes and duties to be included for customers from within the European Union, Norway, Switzerland, UK, US, Canada, and Australia. Please refer to the checkout to see whether taxes and duties are included for your specific region.

Our web store is focused on fulfilling consumer orders and due to our current global shipping setup, the buyer cannot claim the VAT back. For large-scale business purchases, please contact our business team who will be able to provide you with the most up-to-date information. We are also working with distributors worldwide to get the V on store shelves, which will enable you to purchase it from a local store with all the tax documents you require.

We do not offer the possibility to pay in installments. However, we understand that you may need some time to collect your funds, so to make sure that you can prepare we’ve started the communication about our process in advance. We recommend readying the funds ahead of the scheduled shipping date.

A special note to Hyper-Early Bird backers of the first-generation V: as one of the early supporters of Eve, you will be able to use promo code LIFETIME5 at checkout to apply your 5% lifetime discount. This works for all products sold within our web shop, including the new V. Eligibility is tied to the e-mail address you used for your original V order, so be sure to use that when creating your store account. If your code does not work, please contact our customer support team for assistance.

Any more questions?

The new V is just around the corner and our small but powerful team is working hard to make it all happen! We hope that we managed to prepare you for the balance payment collection, but please let us know if you have any outstanding questions. Our team will get back to you as soon as possible!

nlbanner

15 Likes

I actually need to contact someone to discuss matters related to the payment. Which email address should I useto do that? Thanks.

I think you should contact the support through the form on the web page.
But due to the current traffic regarding spectrum it may take a little longer.

3 Likes

Can you suggest an approximate estimated shipping cost to Russia?

Hello!
I have made my order on December 1, 2020 (one of the first 500).

I have received an email with a confirmation of my down payment and my order number.
However, when I go to Account – Eve (evedevices.com) I am unable to see my order.
Is this the expected behavior?

Thank you for your help.
Alberto.

Hey @Alberto_Melita, that’s strange behaviour. It could be that your account is on a different regional store to what your order is. There should be no issues with your order, because you received your confirmation email. The same email will be used to issue your remaining balance payment.

Feel free to contact our support team for extra clarification. Our support will be able to fetch up your order details, and provide extra clarification if needed.

Hey @torrua,

I would recommend you contact our support team in regards to your query. They will have the most accurate information to better answer your queries.

1 Like

I also preordered on 1st December 2020.

I see in my account that I you have registered my $300 deposit.

When might we expect to receive these emails about paying the balance?

2 Likes

Hey, @apgray!

We’ll send out the dedicated emails as soon as we are ready to kick off the flow.

2 Likes

@Lore_Wonder Thanks.

And when is that?

Being 1 month and all to the end of Q3 2021

You’re welcome. We are preparing to make sure the balance payment collection works smoothly. Besides dedicated client newsletters, we’ll let our community know its start when ready.

1 Like

so did these emails got sent? I did not receive anything.

Hey, @adt!

Don’t worry! They will be sent out in the next couple of days.

2 Likes

Hey, just received the balance payment on my order, and it is in € euros, but still the same amount. $1619 is not the same as €1619. and despite that it will only be a US keyboard, it is not nice to us Europeans. and also the shipping is now up to €120, should have been €50.

Just doing the Exchange difference is €256 or over $300, in total price.

I feel like I have been scammed. :frowning:

According to my first order which was placed 1 dec 2020, it should have been $1499 + shipping, that is €1262 (+shipping) in today’s exchange currency. not €1499.

3 Likes

Hey, @Mats_Thell.

I recommend you contact the support team for questions relating to your order. They will be able to look into the situation and give you an appropriate response.

1 Like

Wonder whether it is worthwhile to order it without keyboard - thus as a tablet only. Does that make sense?

I paid $US300 on 1 DEC 2020 as an early backer in first 250 people. My order page says V2 for $US1789 with free backlit keyboard and pen.

The balance payment email arrives today and you want $US1919 + $US80 + $US130??

Are you trying to welch on the deal? I want this rectified urgently! Jesus Fuck!

Not happy!

I have already emailed support.

2 Likes

Keyboard & pen was never free.
In the time where you pre-ordered it, they only charged you 300$ for the V.

It seems that they raised the price by 130 ($ or € based on your area) and then put them as discount.

I think our problem is the shipping plus, in your case the extra $300 charge you have on top.

The keyboard and pen where extra as noted on your order with +$130 and +$80 respectively.

In my case, I pre-ordered in $ and billed in €. I am in UK and anyway I may have to pay import and tax!
My order was $1589 + $130 + $80 = $1799 but now is €1799 without the delivery.
This is plus around $340!

And not get the keyboard that I want…
How to we contact support…?

I have already written to them yesterday to cancel my pre-order.
I have not received any replies yet

1 Like

And I have not received my balance payment link yet. Thought you would roll them out all at once… or so you wrote.

1 Like