Eve V 2020 vs the competition

For those looking at the announced Eve V 2020, here is how it compares to other devices with the same specs.

Specifications:

-11th gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 cpu
w/ Intel Xe graphics
-16GB of RAM
-1TB of storage
-13" 4K touchscreen
-Windows 10 Pro 64
-backlit keyboard
-active pen w/4096 pressure levels and tilt support

Eve V 2020

Differences:
only comes in black
2-in1 tablet computer
comes in 4K 3480x2400 16:10 IGZO LCD 500 nits option only
comes with core i5 and i7 versions
LTE and GPS version
keyboard and pen sold separately

same specs price comparison: $1699 (was $1649 for the first 500 units sold)

HP Spectre x360 13

Differences:
comes in silver, black, or blue
2-in-1 convertible laptop with 360 degree hinge
FHD display option
13.3" 4K 16:9 OLED touchscreen display at 400 nits
Core i7 option only
8GB of RAM or 16GB of RAM
No 32GB option
256GB up to 2TB of storage
No wireless WAN option
includes Microsoft 365 Personal (1 Year)

same specs price comparison: $1489.99 (at time of writing) usually $1689.99

New Dell XPS 13 2-in-1

Differences:
comes in black or white options
2-in-1 convertible laptop
13.4" UHD WLED+ touchscreen display
up to 32GB of RAM
up to 1TB of storage
16GB of RAM version only comes w/ 512GB storage
Killer Wifi 6 and Bluetooth 5.1
doesn’t include pen
includes 1 year hardware warrenty
includes 12 months of McAfee LiveSafe

same specs price comparison: $1,749

Lenovo Yoga Duet 7i (13")

Differences:
10th gen core i7-10510U cpu
13" 2K touch display at 450 nits
Bluetooth keyboard
includes 1 year warrenty

same specs price comparison: $1,399

Microsoft Surface Pro 7

Differences:
comes in black or platinum
12.3" PixelSense 2736 x 1824 touch display
10th gen core i7-10510U cpu
core i3, i5, and i7 options
4GB, 8GB, or 16GB RAM options
no 32GB RAM option
different colored keyboard covers
doesn’t include pen

same specs price comparison: $2,099

Microsoft Surface Pro X

Differences:
comes in black or platinum
Microsoft SQ1 (ARM) cpu
only goes up to 16GB of RAM
only goes up to 512GB of storage
doesn’t include pen or keyboard
has a pen charging dock built into the keyboard
limited number of apps that support ARM

same specs price comparison: $2,084.97 (including pen and keyboard)

Microsoft Surface Book 3

Differences:
comes in 13.5" or 15" versions
10th gen Intel core i7-1065G7 cpu
Detachable laptop/tablet computer
3:2 3000x2000 PixelSense display
16GB version only goes up to 512GB
15" has nVidia GeForce GTX 1650 Max-Q discrete graphics
15" goes up to 2TB of storage
full size SDXC card reader
TPM 2.0 chip for enterprise security
1080p front camera
Dolby ATMOS speakers
doesn’t include pen

same specs price comparison: $2,199

Dell Latitude 13 7320

Differences:
Surface Pro X look-alike
13" FHD+ display w/ Corning Gorilla Glass DX
Up to a max of 16GB of RAM
Configures from 128GB to 1TB of storage
5MP FHD webcam and optional Windows Hello
only 2 USB C ports with Thunderbolt 4
Twin cell 40 Wh battery pack
Active pen charging dock in the detachable keyboard

Starts at $999 March 30th 2021

Surface Pro 7 Plus

Differences:
For Education, business, and IT
Only available to businesses and schools
Built-in LTE chip (not 5G compatible)
Removable SSD for data security
Can ship directly to employees with companies’ security settings pre-installed
no Thunderbolt ports

It’s very similar to Eve V 2020 as it has intel 11th gen CPU can be configured up to 32GB RAM and 1TB SSD and is a tablet 2-in-1 with active pen support

Starts at $899 and $1149 for LTE models

5 Likes

You may want to add the Yoga Duet 7i to your list:
Lenovo Yoga Duet 7i |13 inch 2 in 1 Laptop | Lenovo US

It’s important to remember that the comparison price is whatever those devices are selling for in 9 months, not today. Sadly, I’m not convinced that the price difference will be enough at that point to make people take a chance on a small supplier.

1 Like

On another point, will there be a Bluetooth keyboard option? Half of those polled wanted some form of distant connection - BT or WiFi.

I think they will offer a bluetooth keyboard as an option sometime after they ship the Eve V 2020. The community voted that most would prefer to have a keyboard without bluetooth and a battery, so for now it will only be connected via pogo-pins.

2 Likes

I like(d) Lenovo… downside: not so bright screens… :neutral_face:

Interesting comparison. The more I search in the internet the less new V seems like competition to be honest. Sure you can save 300$ by preordering EVE V but is it worth it? Here we have company that is known for delays and that had problems with shipping their first device also living on bought time with pre-orders of spectrum and new V that are both still not confirmed to be even produced and shipped. On the other hand we have huge proven companies that sell ready and distributed products. Do not get me wrong I did trust eve and did pre-ordered spectrum but if there is yet another delay then I will bail out because how much can you wait.

4 Likes

Chill, Eve is a young company, you can’t possibly compare it to the competitors with their “perfect” timing. Let’s think of eve as a community, few people are doing all they can to give the best products, but we, the community are part of it, you can’t come, buy and blame them if they are experiencing what all companies do when they start right ? Delays, delays, it’s not as if they delayed it 2 years, buying from eve is also supporting an idea, values, a community. And sharing some “bad” experience here from time to time, is sharing something you can’t have anywhere else. An adventure, with others, on a ship, we’re all on the same ship, let’s not get mad if the journey becomes a bit unexpected. Rather, let’s enjoy what we have achieved, together, as a community.

8 Likes

Well actually they did delay it even for 2 years for some people when you consider Eve V from Kickstarter. I do support them that’s why I did pre-order as mentioned and await for my new monitor with anticipation, still remember that IT related hardware gets old really fast and any long delays make it obsolete quite fast. Luckily that is not such big case when it comes to monitors. Sharing bad experience is not something that someone should consider as great adventure. Also I am not mad I am cautious. For now let’s hope all will go well and no one will get dead pixel screens :wink:

3 Likes

I’m cautiously optimistic, but very ready to pull my preorder if something better comes along. It’s on them to deliver in time if they want my money

2 Likes

Unlikely anything else is going to have the ports that Eve2 will.

1 Like

There’s also the Dell 7320:

It also has WWAN and Thunderbolt 4, but a lower resolution screen. Starts at $999 (no idea about price with equivalent specs) and will be available in April.

1 Like

Yeah it really gives the Eve V a run for it’s money. $999 for a 11th gen i7, whereas the eve costs $1489 for the i7 device plus $300 for the pre order. Hope the Eve V team realizes this and actually makes changes to pricing. It’s hard to justify such a huge premium from a small manufacturer.

The $300 will be discounted from the total price and is not an additional cost.

2 Likes

The $300 pre-order was to lock-in the lowest price during the flash sale, the first 500 orders I think. Then, when the product is available to ship, they pay the discounted price. Everyone after that wil pay the amount that is listed.

1 Like

Here’s another one that the V2 will need to compete with:
HP Elite x2 G8

• 2x Thunderbolt 4 + 3rd USB-C
  • 13" 3:2 display (3000x2000 at 450 nits or, if you want brighter, 1920x1280 at 1000 nits)
  • WWAN & GPS
  • up to 16GB RAM and 2TB SDD
  • Available April 2021

Another appealing option is the new Lenovo ThinkPad x12 Detachable.
It has some lower specs like the screen and maximum RAM but seems solid option.
Don’t get me wrong, I am one of the first 500 that pre-order the new Eve2, but competition is competition…

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-x/X12-Detachable-G1/p/22TPX12X2D1

1 Like

That’s what killed me on the Lenovo as well. The screen that comes with their latest offering is disgustingly bad. I know they are doing it to reduce cost and maximize profit but it’s total crap for anyone who wants to use it as a creative.

1 Like

I’m surprised that neither the HP or the Lenovo have a MicroSD slot.

Hi

I am not up to date on current laptops on the market and also don’t have enough knowledge to interpret pure specs into real life use.

So what do you think how will the new eve v compare to:

• other top-of-the line convertibles (Surface Book 3, Dell XPS 2-in-1)
  • and laptops with or without touchscreen like regular XPS or whatever is hot at the moment?

Mainly in Terms of Price/Power-ratio: processing power with programs that use an equal amount of processor and RAM. I suppose practical usage like, battery, screen and keyboard will be fine on all of these devices.

Thanks for any input.

2 Likes