Eve V 2.0 Concept Design

I am wondering if you really will use micro USB for charging keyboard?

I mean right now my Brydge keyboard uses micro USB, but I can change it to a USB C port to match the other one. It’s funny, I was wondering the same thing yesterday.

I was listening to music on the V (at 20% volume) and honestly, it sounds loud and clear, even if the speakers are on top. But I do suppose it would be even better if they were firing at the user. I wonder what it would sound like if the ones on the tablet and the keyboard were being used at the same time. Actually I’m not sure if the keyboard needs speakers. I saw a Bravia TV that has an “Acoustic Surface” instead of speakers. The sound would be immersive as it appears to follow objects moving across the screen. I don’t how it could be built into a tablet, but it would be awesome.

We really should remember to be realistic to what’s possible, as some stuff would be extremely difficult to integrate as Eve-Tech is a small, relatively unknown company and can’t use experimental tech that is from other electronics manufacturers.

Changed the ports around. Now there’s 2 USB C Thunderbolt 3 ports and 2 USB A ports on the left side, and a USB C and a USB A on the right. On the keyboard base, there’s now a USB C and USB A on the right side. I’ve specified that the active stylus should use Wacom EMR technology so that it doesn’t need a battery.

1 Like

Posting it down here so you don’t have to scroll all the way up:

1 Like

You know how much will that big sapphire screen protector cost?

I’d hope that it was built in, as in no need to buy a screen protector, but maybe just the best Gorilla Glass would do. I don’t know if EMR will work with that and an oleophobic coating. I’m just hoping it’s more scratch and smudge resistant than the original.

Update: I decided on going with a magnesium-alloy chassis and improved the measurements and tweaked the document a bit. I went with magnesium-alloy over aluminum because it’s 30% lighter and has a higher strength to weight, so it can be made thinner without compromising durability. It’s also less thermally conductive, so it won’t feel as hot when in use. Magnesium-alloy is also easier to manufacture than aluminum, but the trade-offs of using it is that it’s a bit more expensive, but I think it’s worth it.

1 Like

Update: Fixed something that wasn’t supposed to be there. Also, I added the secondary symbols on keys F1 - F12, a bit of detail that I think you’d appreciate. I thought about this for a while, and there should probably be two models of the keyboard. One is a metal keyboard base and the other is the usual Alcantara keyboard cover. I went ahead and designed what I thought it should look like for the new Eve V.

This is perfect on every way. Things I LOVE:

• storage for the pen!
  • EMR pen!! best technology!
  • pretty neat bezels
  • All the ports!
  • EMR pen! sorry I had to say it again :slight_smile:

Things there is a NO go!

• the eraser in the back… it is the worst (long term surface pro user here), I want a pen with 2 buttons like all wacom tablets, it is horrible to turn the pen around every single time, just horrible
  • no amoled screen?
  • no 11 inches size

thank you for the efforts!

2 Likes

I still think a metal keyboard base is the best way to go, but if there was an Alcantara keyboard cover for the new Eve V, this is what it could look like:

Hm, I was thinking the eraser would be good as it emulates a normal pencil, but what if I added a button that you can push for it to switch to eraser mode. The people who like the eraser can use that and for people who hate it, can use the button. Also, I’d love to go with an AMOLED display as it would eliminate IPS glow and backlight bleed, plus it’d be thinner than an LCD screen. If Eve can find one in the right size, 12.3" or 13" seems to be the sweet spot. 11" would be on the small side, in Surface Go territory.The current display is excellent, but it could be even better, if it isn’t too expensive.

1 Like

again, I thought the V has 2 buttons? In my ArtRage software, one of them is the eraser, the other the right mouse click…

1 Like

Update: Replaced V key with the logo, and added a large but subtle logo on the kickstand as a final touch. I made two versions of the keyboard because some might want a thin and light cover, and others might want a sturdy metal keyboard with more ports.

Update: I was adjusting the dimensions and thought that the perfect device would have a 13" display and the bezels at 1.27 cm (0.5 in), so it would be 30 cm in width (11.8 in) and 19.7 cm (7.7 in) in height.

1 Like

Update: I moved the Micro SD Card slot from under the kickstand to left side of the tablet, replacing the second USB C port. I made the one on the right USB C Thunderbolt 3 and added a USB C port to the left side of the keyboard base. Summary of the array of ports; left side(Tablet): 3.5mm headphone jack, USB C Thunderbolt 3, Micro SD Card slot, and 2 USB A ports. Left side(keyboard): Full size SD Card slot an da USB C port. Right side(tablet): Power/fingerprint reader, volume rocker, USB C Thunderbolt 3, and a USB A port. Right side(keyboard): Active stylus slot, USB C port and a USB A port. Plus there’s a SIM card slot under the kickstand.

Perhaps you can create such a nice Image from My concepts and we create a new discussion. Perhaps this won’t be the New Eve V, perhaps its the New Eve Twin?

Hi @TristanSchaaf is there a way this can make it into the New Eve V? Please discuss this interna, because it would be so nice

It looks good as it is, but I’ll see what I can do.

1 Like