Eve Spectrum Prototype Tester | Khahandran

Here’s the Rtings test on Spectrum

Hard to judge accurately of video vs what I’m seeing with my eyes, but I’d personally say it’s about the same or a bit better than the LG.

4 Likes

That is some interesting extra bleed in the top right corner. But yes it does seem about the same, which makes sense because it’s the same panel.

Thank you for running the test!

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for the test, the RTINGS test was really nice to see :+1:

The cause of „No HDR though and 4:2:0 subsampling“ is HDMI2.0 or why is this used ?

2 Likes

Precisely because of HDMI 2.0. It forces some compromises. I either have 4K with HDR at 60hz, or 4K with no HDR and 120hz.

Quite nicely though today I managed to order a 6900 xt, so I’ll be on 2.1 soon.

4 Likes

Nice!
As I’m sitting here with a 6800xt, this directly validates if everything runs fine with my setup :grimacing:.
Looking forward to some fast paced shooters as these will be the main use of the spectrum next to my daily dev work. Hope you can test some :grin::+1:
Haven’t really seen 144Hz 4K footage of shooters

1 Like

If you have time, I’d be curious to hear what you think about this HDR video on the Spectrum.

5 Likes

I’d like to know if it has lighting issues when handling those darks with the color in the middle.

1 Like

Colours are beautiful and motion is fantastic.

Very definite bloom/halo depending on precisely what’s shown on the screen. There’s no getting around from the fact the the monitor cannot do true blacks, and it only has 16 dimming zones. You WILL notice this depending on what’s on the screen.

4 Likes

Thanks for checking out 1440p, how does 1080p look?

Also, I noticed that 1440p has a notable red tint that’s more obvious in the Borderlands menu.

Hoping that is a simple update as the color may not have been tuned for the resolution just yet.

3 Likes

I can try 1080p.

The red tint is actually just the game. The menu screen has a rapid day and night cycle. The 1440p was taken when it was the evening part of the cycle.

3 Likes

Hi again defcon1

My apologies for forgetting to test 1080p. Here’s screenshot

To me, it looks blurrier than 1440p which I am a bit surprised at given it should integer scale.

4 Likes

Hey! Wonder if you could test BL3 (again!) at 1080p with integer scaling enabled?

2 Likes

Integer scaling was enabled through Radeon software. I can try turning it off and let Spectrum handle it rather than the GPU.

1 Like

I’d appreciate that :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

There you go!

4 Likes

I’m not completely sure, but I think if Spectrum is doing the scaling it wouldn’t show up in a screenshot, since the screenshot should capture the graphics output before any processing is done on Spectrum.

6 Likes

I guess you are right - the screenshot should take the image before it’s delivered to the monitor, not the actual output of the monitor. at least to my understanding.

2 Likes

Well for what it’s worth, I can’t tell the difference in game.

3 Likes

A close-up photo would be nice. And to prevent any confusion caused by that some games use borderless windowed mode instead of true exclusive full-screen mode, it would be nice just to switch Windows itself to Full HD (with no games involved at all) and take close-up photos of regular Windows apps such as Explorer or Notepad. Thanks.

BL3 has exclusive full screen, which is what I’ve been using.

Here’s 1080p picture of Explorer.

1 Like