Eve Spectrum 4K resolution stuck to 1024 x 768

Hello,

I am using my EVE SPECTRUM 4K screen since this January.
Yesterday, I switched on my PC and discover that my screen resolution was stucked in 1024 x 768

Result : a lot of big pixels stretch to fit the big EVE screen like if I was in 1994. Screen going black when I launch a game

I tried this :

• switch back to the 3840x2160 resolution usign both NVIDIA and windows parameters : it doesn’t wrok → it stays in 1024 x 768

• reinstall Gforce 3080 RTX drivers / Loopback to past drivers

• make windows updates / reinstall windows

NOTHING works :frowning:

When I plug another screen to my PC the resolution problem doesn’t occur.

I browsed on internet and found that the problem might be the HDMI ports on the EVE screen.

I was wondering if EVE community has another suggestion to help me find how to solve this.

Thank you a lot all

I just tried disinstalling the RTX3080 drivers and install the default windows drivers.
After that I managed to have the 3840x2160 back.
The problem is that I would like to use my RTX…
When I reinstall the RTX driver, the resolution came back to 1024 x 768 :frowning:

As I said in the first post. When I plug another screen, there is no problem.
The problem might be between the EVE spectrum screen and the RTX3080.

Any thoughts ?

Welcome to the community,

Maybe I’m not getting this because I’m a Linux user but when you say “default windows drivers” do you mean RTX30xx drivers that come default with the OS (they dont support ray tracing i believe?)?

Could you try going into your monitor settings and setting HDMI compatibility mode to ON and letting me know what happens?

Could you also please give us the firmware version you are currently on and tell us what resolutions you can see in your system settings. Also what version of the RTX drivers did you install?

The first step in troubleshooting is figuring out what changed in your system to cause the issue to occur. Did windows update occur when you started your computer up that day?

Lets go through all the troubleshooting steps and see if something works.

1 Like

Thank you a lot, here my answers :

Could you try going into your monitor settings and setting HDMI compatibility mode to ON and letting me know what happens?
It is already ON

Could you also please give us the firmware version you are currently on and tell us what resolutions you can see in your system settings. Also what version of the RTX drivers did you install?
The firmware of the screen is the latest : BD_EVE_4K_Release_20220216_V106_rev988
I can see all the resolution until the Recommended native 3840x2160, but the settings are stuck to 1024 x 768, wherever I try to change it.

Maybe I’m not getting this because I’m a Linux user but when you say “default windows drivers” do you mean RTX30xx drivers that come default with the OS (they dont support ray tracing i believe?)?
I am talking about “Microsoft Basic Display Adapter”. So no raytracing and stuff

The first step in troubleshooting is figuring out what changed in your system to cause the issue to occur. Did windows update occur when you started your computer up that day?
I can’t see any updates done during the previous night.

1 Like

Hi @minh_loic_hoangxuan,

This is quite an interesting one. If the default windows driver works, that rules out the possibility of monitor error and makes me think it is an RTX driver error. But at the same time, you don’t have the same issue with a different monitor with the exact same driver.

Try setting the monitor to factory default via OSD. See if it helps.

2 Likes