Eve & Microsoft Q&A Has ended. Thank you all!

Q&A session has now ended. You can still find it here (click).

Good day dear community!

With the V coming up on IndieGoGo in not even a month we decided it’s time to answer your questions about hardware!
And since our friends at Microsoft will announce their latest hardware just a day before our AMA we’ve invited Microsoft Digital Transformation Lead Vesku Paananen to join us & answer your questions together!

So, please come to the next Q&A with Microsoft and Eve at the 27th October, 2016 from 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM EEST (GMT +3)

[Check the countdown to see when we’re live!] (http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20161027T1730&p0=101&msg=Eve+%26+Microsoft+AMA&font=sanserif&csz=1)

Prepare your questions you want to ask us or Microsoft (almost) anything!

Once the AMA is live, this thread will be pinned to the top of the community. Be sure to not miss it!

Eve gives: Winners of the 50€ Steam gift cards raffle!
Eve-News: 17th October - 30th October 2016

Can you please stick to GMT+* time standard? I have to google those abbreviations every time and there is no way I will remember all of them, lol xD

Sorry & thanks for pointing out!
It’s GMT +3 :slight_smile:

Now that’s something. It’s really AMAA, not AMA, but that’s technicality and in the end the event itself is important and interesting.

Even if it will be PR ridden ; )

Actually, it’s AUAA (Ask Us Almost Anything) :smiley: but let’s not get into this, it’s not important. What’s important is that WOW, MICROSOFT! Not often you get to talk in such a… “almost direct” form of communication with a Microsoft’s representative.

Amazing that you guys got Microsoft involved, can’t wait to tune in!

@vithren & @pauliunas you can ask anything.
It’s just that I can’t promise that everything can be answered, which is why I put the (almost) in there :wink:

And of course this happens on the day VUKOVI are planning to do something. Presumably drop their album. Double the reasons to look forward to the day.

vukovi? :upside_down:

Scottish band I love. Their latest single: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1TgTVXEpYQ

Ah, I see :slight_smile: The composers of classical music I listen to are all dead a loong time ago, so there’s nothing “latest and greatest”, only “greatest” :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers! I cant wait either. Very hyped!

I hope people will ask what Microsoft recommends Eve V or new Surface :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You can always go under cover and ask that yourself xD

Aw man, I just realized I have an exam on that day, starting at 6pm :disappointed:

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

@Mike @Konstantinos
Regarding one of my questions that were forwarded to reddit (I wasn’t able to participate in the AMA), your answer was this:

There should be no reason not to be able to use The V for 4-5 years :wink:

Did I understand it correctly? I’m worried because with the Eve T1, I see a completely different practice: you created it like… 1-2 years ago? Not full 2 years I think. And right now, it’s nowhere to be found. It should be quite hard to get it repaired, as replacement parts are not easily available… The product seems abandoned. I would like to ask you to extend the support of Eve V for as long as possible, that is, to continue selling accessories, replacement parts, and maybe even the tablet itself for as long as possible. For example, if I buy a protective case from you, and after 4 years of using it I break it, I should be able to just buy a new one from your web shop. Or if the tablet breaks after several years, I should be able to easily get replacement parts. And not just you and Riku scavenging parts from unsold models, but… a way to obtain them through an official channel (like your website). It wouldn’t be a dealbreaker if you said no, because I know you are cool guys and will try to help me if I ask nicely, but… the weakest point of your business model is the customer trust. Let’s just face it: not many people are keen on buying a device from a completely unknown website and take the risk of getting scammed. Again, I know you’re not scammers, but if you don’t do your very best to gain consumer trust, you will look like an obvious scam in the first look. Sure, people can check out the community etc. but I’m talking about the first impression, which means a lot. Now, if you could promise that you will keep the device supported for, say, 4 years I think that would be a quite big step towards gaining some more trust. Just my humble opinion.