End of June Shipping/Refund

Let’s make 2 pools - one before receiving your V and one after
Before receiving your V, what is your perspective about the product and this shameful shipping delay , does this changed your mind or this did not bothered you. Answer as honest as possible :no_mouth:

• If I’ll have it, I’ll keep it
  • Whether I’ll get it or not I’ll return it
  • Buying another device while getting my money back

0 voters

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

There’s one option missing:

If I’ll ever receive the device and it’s immaculate (without all those issues like wobbly ports, cheap keyboard scratching the protective layer, cheap sounding speakers, sleep mode drain, device just not turing on, and other things that the fanboys make windows 10 responsible for, even though my cheap 9 year old laptop doesn’t suffer from any of those things), I’ll keep it.

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Due to the continuous closures on this topic, it has become obvious that a number of entities feel the level of this dialog is not to their satisfaction.

(Punters are flagging valid arguments regarding refunds/shipping delays, so I am going to post this quickly and avoid responding to fanboys.)

The fact of the matter is this:

Currently, Eve is undergoing an investment process and as a result restructuring its operations, entities and bank accounts. They have publicly stated this and it is no longer a secret.

After having spoken to lawyer who specializes in bankruptcies, the attourney indicated that EVE will likely (but not 100% certainty) change to how much buyers get refunded and when.

Because of where EVE is based, there is very little chance that consumers will have any course of action beyond waiting for the units they ordered (whenever that is) and going through their payment processors to enact some form of remediation. (again, this is what the lawyer shared)

In short, you get what you get (product or refund) - when/if you get it. That is the business they are in.

As of today, you either wait or work to get a refund through your payment company (credit card or paypal). EVE has an explicit rule in their purchase agreement regarding cancellations, but, that does NOT invalidate the rules by which payment companies they go through (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal…etc.) can effect remediation on behalf of the customer.

Selling something from a holding company in China does not negate the policies for which customers do business within their localities. As the lawyer told me, “all rules still apply… the payment processors have ultimate control since they are not releasing funds”. EVE should have forbidden sales to those countries where they could have been held accountable.

Punters/fanboys and @Konstantinos can argue otherwise. The reality is, so few units have been shipped w/o issues that the rest of us can ignore any “Shipping Estimator” dates as being arbitrary and without merit.

NOTE: This topic was once again closed in just a few minutes… surprised?

Dieses Thema ist vorübergehend für 4 Stunden gesperrt aufgrund einer großen Anzahl an Community-Meldungen.

[In before discussion thread gets locked, once again]

FOLLOW UP: EVE is now replying to PayPal payment disputes with their latest email about signing up for an account and looking at the expected shipping date as a method of “tracking” shipments.
Paypal has stated over the phone to me that "this is not sufficient and funds will not be released to EVE until orders are fulfilled"

So, those going through PayPal, it would appear that EVE has resorted to stalling tactics. (best guess, based on their lack of Customer Support responses)

Two can play this game.

Jesus fucking Christ.
You mind throwing in some speculation here? Preferably by someone who knows no facts about what’s going on behind the scenes in this particular case, if you would please.
Seriously, I can’t hear you over the sound of all this cold hard data.

Oh, and while you’re at it: please instigate some more much needed panic. It is absolutely 100% what everyone here craves, whether people wish to get a refund (chargeback or through EVE) or want to wait for EVE’s next move.
Seriously, I beseech thee, my tits are way too calm to my taste!
For your reference, preferred state of tits:

Now, without the sarcasm, or well, less anyway…

The only posts I’m seeing being flagged here are the ones by @Dragonixjin . His arguments clearly come from a what you refer to as a punter/fanboy point of view, you know, the stop bitching, be constructive or draw your conclusions and move on if you must point of view, which I’ve advocated myself on multiple occasions. The language and personal attacks I will not get behind. My guess is that’s the reason they got flagged.
To surmise: his posts are of the fanboy kind, so unless you just became one too, I’d argue your argument is not even speculation, but plain false.

(If I missed any posts that do match your description and that have since been deleted, I apologize. Either way, it would still mean flags all around from both “sides”, so this has become a pissing contest as opposed to a constructive converation and as such the topic should be closed.)

Also, from every fanboy and EVE team member here:

Lawyer may or may not know his shit, but either way he can’t attest to any of EVE’s specific internal affairs. -> Pure speculation.

True, not news.

True, but neither news nor does it change anything.

No proof of units shipped without issues is not the same as proof of few to no units shipped without issues. What’s the number of cases you’re basing this conclusion on? 20 people here on the forums out of thousands who may not even know the forums exist? -> Pure speculation.

No shit Einstein. I agree on the shipping estimator, I always have. It’s a new flashy number that really doesn’t say anything else than what was already known/claimed: end of June shipping. But hey, people ache for more meaningless numbers by which they can be disappointed some more even though it’s self-inflicted seeing as the actual data was already out there but they didn’t want to accept it, you know^^

Well, no? It’s hardly constructive at this point, just two “sides” bitching at each other.

As is their right.

Keyword guess -> speculation. While PayPal is also within their rights to do what they’re doing, you don’t and can’t know whether EVE does or doesn’t have a legit reason for doing what they’re doing. Transparency issues aside that is, I agree we should really be hearing some kind of update asap.

Does none of that satisfy you and you don’t want to stand by the principle of innocent until proven guilty? By all means ditch EVE and move on.
And yes, I recognize there have been screw-ups in the past. I’m talking about current accusations and speculation. If the screw-ups of the past are still an issue, or were already an issue for you back then, then what the hell are you still doing here?

While you posted some facts, that hardly change anything, not to say anything at all, I suggest you get off your high and mighty horse from which you imply I for example (and by extension the so called fanboys) was/am trying to trick people into believing falsehoods/speculation and follow your own advice.

Yes, here: Submit your questions for the May 4th Q&A here!

Dieses Thema ist vorübergehend für 4 Stunden gesperrt aufgrund einer großen Anzahl an Community-Meldungen.

Hehe… I got a really good laugh out of the punters this time. They try so hard, it really is precious to watch.

Well, lots of useless info from those fanboys who demonstrated their ignorance, but, good to see people are still engaged.

I am now just waiting for my refund from PayPal to be completed.

• To the others looking for refunds, well, good luck to you all - I sincerely hope you recover as much as you can.
  • To those waiting for devices, you know what you are in for at this point and I hope it is all that you expected and then some.

EVE has not met many people’s expectations for a company. Great ideas, the rest… left up to peoples interpretations. Maybe one day they will succeed.